Room Issues/Speaker Placement

Bronze Member
Username: Jbrealty

Post Number: 26
I have a few room issues I would like your guys help/opinion with.

First, the wall all my equipment will be near has a baseboard heat radiator running along the entire length. There is no where else to place the equipment -- it's the only logical place in the house so ...

1.) How far away should all the equipment (speakers, sub, equipment rack, etc) be from the radiator?? Is it OK to have the speakers far off the back wall into the room?

2.) I wanted to place the sub in the corner of the room but to do so it would have to go behind the left speaker and it would be pretty close to the radiator. Also it would be behind and pretty close to the left speaker with the passive radiator on the sub firing near that speaker (the active driver fires down) ... would it be better to place the sub between the left speaker and the audio rack? This way it would be up front with the rest of the gear and more away from the radiator. Or is it best to be in the corner only inches from the radiator and close to the rear of the left speaker.

3.) The left speaker is near a sidewall -- I have it about 18" or so away from the sidewall. The right speaker has a hallway near it so its side wall is much further away ... not much I can do about this ... any suggestions/tweaks regarding what can be done to alleviate any imbalance due to this situation?

Thanks for the help!!!

Joe

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12872

Read this and then click on the "WASP placement". It sounds like you have either decided or committed to "a spot" where the speakers must reside. I can almost guarantee you that speakers placed where they fit rather than where they sound good will do neither. Explore the options before making the final decision.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us