Vinyl Set-up for Headphone only user

Username: A_dam60

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I recently moved and now only listen to music through my headphones and as result I have a lot of gear I no longer use. I was thinking of selling this and upgrading my turntable, however, I'm not an that experienced in this area. If I'm only listening through headphones I'm guessing my turntable won't be as affected by vibrations etc that you'd get from speakers. So should I upgrade my cartridge/phono stage as opposed to the plinth/platter/arm?

Cheers,

Adam

Ps. I current use the pro-ject x-pack with graham slee solo.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12835

If you were experiencing acoustic feedback problems with speakers, they should be all but gone with headphones. If you are satisfied with your table, why not upgrade your cartridge? The table always has primacy in an analog system but you'll have to spend a reasonable amount to improve on your current set up. You could however make a lateral change and get a different sound.

Thing is I have no idea what you should upgrade. I don't know how satisifed you are with your current set up or whether you have headphones that compliment your table/pre amp. I don't know what you want to upgrade in terms of sound and what you expect for "x" amount of dollars. I don't even know how many dollars we're talking about here.

That makes advice pretty tough to give out.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1374
How about upgrading your headphones?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us