Squeezebox Duet

Bronze Member
Username: I_am_kirk

Post Number: 20
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_duet.html

What do you make of this? I have a 2.1 system with a Yamaha Receiver and 2 Klipsch RF-10 floors and a DSP3100 Paradigm sub. I won't be able to afford to upgrade my speakers/receiver etc for years to come. This would allow me to play my music on my speakers from my computer (I currently VNC into my server from my other computer to play music). It seems to have a decent(perhaps?) DAC in it.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2842
Its sounds pretty interesting. Seems very user friendly and functional. Also, they use Wolfson DACs, which are used by several hifi companies - Rega, Naim, and Arcam come to mind. Not that DACs are the be all, end all of a digital player's ultimate sound quality, they're a significant part. It should be a definite step up from what you're currently running.

You're not going to get the most out of it unless you're playing lossless files. If you're playing mp3s, you'll be cutting yourself short.

For down the road, some companies make seperate power supplies for the Squeezebox. Channel Islands Audio makes one. Not sure about price, but it reportedly makes a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us