Questions about Onkyo TX-SR505E

Username: Sorenholm

Post Number: 1
I am just getting to know my new 505E and have run into several questions I would love to hear others' thoughts about.
1. Codes for projectors?
The remot can control other pieces of equipment. All you do is input the right code. However the list that comes with the receiver doesn't include any projectors. I have a Sanyo Z5. Does anyone know if this can be controlled by the Onkyo remote, and if so with what code?
2. Video cables to projector
I have two players hooked in through digital sound and component input. Video is output through component. When I hook my old VCR to the regular video or S-video in ports, no picture comes through the component ports. Do I need a seperate video or S-video cable to the projector for that? In other words, can the receiver take S-video input and route it through the component out ports?
3. HDMI input
If I get a PopCorn hour player and hook it up with HDMI. Can that go out through component video to my projector?
4. There are lots of sound modes available but I don't understand teh differences between when and when to use what.
Grateful for all suggestions.

Username: Bpryan422

Post Number: 10
I just bought the 505 last week and just starting to learn as well. I can tell you the exact setting when i get home from work but i found your answer to number 4 is the mult ch. bla bla bla one. Depending on how many speakers you have set up (5.1, 7.1 etc.) it will play the sound throughout all the speakers. Alot of people i know like this setting because it sounds the best. I think it sounds the best too. I am trying to figure out myself how to hook up the HDMI cables. Check out my new thread i just posted a little bit ago. Our receiver has 2 inputs and 1 output. My tv has a direct HDMI port in the back of the TV but my direct cable box doesnt. I was seeing if anyone new if i could hook an HDMI cable from my receiver to my TV and just get the nice sound. I want to hook my TV up to my receiver to get the sound played through my speakers and i didnt know if i could just hook up an HDMI cable and that would solve my problem. This is confusing but if anyone knows, let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us