Speaker port bungs

Bronze Member
Username: Jmsoave

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 85
My dog ate one of the port bungs for my Monitor Audio RS6 speakers. Anyone know where to get more, or where to get similar material to make more? I went to my local hardware store, and they had nothing like it. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7008
Email MA. Or find a foam fabricator...we have one in my area, maybe you do too.

Bronze Member

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 87
Good idea...for some reason I didn't think of contacting MA, even though I've gotten excellent customer service from them in the past. I have a thread in here a while back where one of my tweeters cut out, and MA promptly sent me 2 new ones.

So I just emailed them, we'll see what happens...

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10332
Hockey socks

Bronze Member

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 92
OK, Monitor Audio just contacted me and said they'll send me a new pair for free. She said she loved my honesty (I told them my dog ate it).

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 7044
Right on Joe...

Bronze Member

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 93
lol...Nuck, this whole time, I thought your post said "hockey sucks". It wasn't until just now that I realized it was "socks". I was trying to figure out what sort of humorous reference you were making to hockey, and I couldn't, so I just disregarded it in the end. I probably would have tried the socks, but now I've got the real thing coming. Thanks anyway...

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10365
Good call on the real thing Joe.
It's just the Leafs that suck.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1046
Acknowleging it is the first step to recovery, Nuck.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1047
Do you have your speakers pushed up close to a wall, Joe? I have my RS6s about 18" away from the wall and they sound awesome. No boominess whatsoever.

Silver Member

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 101
They are about 10" from the wall, which is about as far as they can go, for aesthetic reasons. That makes a big difference compared to when I push them closer to the wall. And even without the bungs, they sound great, I wouldn't call them too boomy. But in my experimentations, I've discovered that with most music, I really like it with the bungs in the front port, not the back. It doesn't make much of a difference except when you're sitting very close to the speakers...my couch and recliner are fairly close to them...in this case, I find it helps to reveal the top end a little more. My house is one of those mountain A-frame cabins, no walls between anything in the front half of the house, and with high ceilings peaking at the middle. So I think it's just an odd effect that causes the sound to expand so rapidly outward and upward, that when your'e sitting close, it sounds different than from everywhere else.

I'm babbling...I should just take some pics and post it in that running thread "System Pics" over in Speakers...

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1054
Definitely. Let's see some pics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us