Linn Kaber speakers

Username: Nicola1on1

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I have just upgraded my Linn Keilidh speakers to a pair of Linn Kabers. Obviously they sound completely different to the Keilidhs, but I can't help notice that the Kabers sound a bit subdued and seem to lack clarity. i struggle to pick out words in vocal music. I did not seem to have this problem with the Keilidhs. Iam unsure if this is because the amplifier Iam using is not sufficient for the Kabers or whether it is my source. Iam currently using a Naim NAP 140 amp, a Naim NAC62 pre-amp, Linn Karik MK2 Cd player and naim speaker cable. They are currently passive. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Nicola

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6844
http://www.legendspeakers.com.au/reviews/kaber.html

That piece suggests that there were 2 versions and that they were altogether different. Which version is yours?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2906
It could be any number of reasons. The Kabers could be shot which is unlikely but worth checking. Did you hear them playing before buying? If so and they sounded ok then they're not shot and it's likely that the 140 simply isn't man enough to do the job. I hope you are single-wiring with Naim NACA5 since that's pretty much a requirement for that amp.

At the best of times, Kabers were never an easy load. Realistically I never got anythign good out of them until I had them powered passively by a Klout which is heaploads more powerful than a 140. The Keilidhs were a better match with a 140 amplifier simply because of the demands of the speaker.

Kabers need power. Simple.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us