Bose Acoustimass 6

Username: Petera

Post Number: 1
I currently have a set of Paradigm monitor 9 speakers and an array of different stereo speakers that I have combined to make a home theater system driven by a Pioneer 1017 receiver. I have a Bose Accoustimass 6 series 3 system and know that it has all the satelite speakers running thru the acoustimass subwoofer (if you could call it a subwoofer). Anyway, it appears that the satelite speakers seem to work even with the subwoofer off so is there a problem in by passing the subwoofer altogether? I was thinking I could run the paradigms up front and then use the Bose satelites for the surround sound. Is that possible?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10116
Peter, shoot down to Subwoofers and ask Marc.
High quality guy..a credit to all Bosekind...really...very cool.

Username: Petera

Post Number: 2
Thanks Nuck, After a great deal of comparisons betweeen what i have and the Bose I finally decided to see if I could return the Bose. Several comments, I loved the clarity of the Bose over what I have now, I could hear highs that I currently am not hearing. I also noticed silence when there needed to be silence. But there was no bass to speak of. In my large room the wires going in and out of the subwoofer which in my case is NOT near the front speakers OR the reciever would have required getting longer wires. And finally at low volumes you lost too much. All in all, despite the fact that I got the Bose at a great price of $459 instead of $699 I think some more paradigms would probably be a better fit and I could use my existing wires.
Thanks for your help.

Username: Kamagong

ManilaPhilippines

Post Number: 4
I'm truly disappointed in BOSE, they refused my order, anyone who can help me out where I can order following,
I need for my Bose 301 series
Lamp green dot part number 141989
Speaker 2 inch part number 181862 or 266162
Hope someone can advice me, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us