Monster vs. Blue Jean cables

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1360
Hello boys and girls, haven't had a good belly laugh in a while, and I'm not sure if any of you have already discussed this case. Anyway knowing how a lot of you guys feel about Monster cables, I thought you would find this interesting

http://compujurist.com/2008/04/15/monster-cable-vs-blue-jean-cable-will-this-be- a-repeat-of-david-vs-goliath/

I think I will have to seriously look at Blue Jeans cables now. Too bad, I just bought some HDMI cables for a new TV and missed out on this.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6740
Go Blue Jeans...I read that on another forum and loved it.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1408
Monster as a hole, is a Marketing company at best. The largest rip off in audio industry usually has Monster slapped on it.

Username: Dantheman1425

USA

Post Number: 1
"Monster as a hole, is a Marketing company at best. The largest rip off in audio industry usually has Monster slapped on it."

AMEN

I have tons of Blue Jeans Cables and they sound great.

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 206
Wonder if the Marketing Departments of Siltech, Cardas or Audioquest might be offended.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6750
I doubt that the Cardas folks would. They really do take cable design seriously. That said, I'm not real fond of the Cardas sound.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10096
Cardas lack life, to me anyhow.
The lawyer, on the other hand, has a lot of spunk.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1363
Too bad we don't know (or at least it may be hard to...come to think of it may be I should try to find) the name of the general counsel at Monster that signed off on that original letter. We can officially call him Punked.

Silver Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 207
If you got a tube amp, pre-amp or CDP, wouldn't swapping the right $12 Sovtek valves give you the same effect as Audioquest?

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 204
I read the entire letter (audioholics) and later, the Monster reply. The reply didn't quite address the BlueJeans letter and was more smoke/mirrors.

The original Blue Jeans letter was a work of art.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6828
"We can officially call him Punked."

He was punked wasn't he Stof...ouch!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us