Problems with optical audio(pioneer)

Username: Potatohead917

Post Number: 1
I have a vsxd912 and it detects the signal just fine(cable box/dvd) and does not produce sound. Flip over to analog(cd player) and sound a plenty. Is this a common prob? Guessing the processor is different and it's made of gold. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 10059
Spud, you have to look at the manual again.
The incoming signal may be digital or analog(dunno) but your reciever shaould have no issues.
It is a push button answer.
Push buttons.

Post Number: 2
Hey Nuck, thanks for the reply. This problem came about after three years of problem free use. This unit automatically detects which signal is coming in and is doing this with no problem. Just producing no sound on incoming digital signal. The receiver properly detects the analog connection with the cd player and plays sound just fine. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 19
Not sure if this'll work, but have you checked your connections? Have you tried new wire?

Post Number: 3
Yeah I did, it detects the connections status immediately as always. Just doesnt seem to be processing signal to sound as the analog side does. I read on a pioneer product review that someone was trading in their Onkyo for this same problem to get a pioneer. I was just wondering how common this was with pioneer? Thanks Level Zero

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2897
Hmm, although it's been working for three years, it's possible that somehow the system has lost its settings.

I would check:-

1. The DVD player in its setup settings - ensure its digital output is switched on.

2. The receiver. If it has assignable inputs, ensure the DVD input is set to the appropriate digital input.

If both of those yield no joy, one of the two is broken...

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us