Power, Capacity Question,Please help

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 14
My current Reciver is 350 (50 Per channel) and i REALLY want to upgrade. I was out looking at the Newest Harmon/Kardon Reciver and it said 300 watts total power. Now this receiver is 1700$ and its only pushing 300 while my 300$ reciver is Pushing 350. To me this doesnt make much sence. If some one could tell me how to desifer this that would be great. and also i want to know how much power per channel i would need to make my Tower Speakers Acutly work HARD lol thanks guys

Bronze Member
Username: Fletcher

Post Number: 18
Expensive receivers are not necessarily more powerful. They may have more features, and will probably give better sound, but not always more power. Power is quite a misused specification, since receiver power is generally over stated and misunderstood. Comparing across receivers, more power does not equate to louder as well. Higher power usually means that you can get cleaner sound at a high volume.

To get an audible difference, you need at least twice the output you currently have, so the next stage is a 100W per channel receiver.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 421
H/K vastly underrates their multichannel power so you can be sure if they say it's 75x5 it will output that and much more. What model are you looking at and what speakers do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 422
H/K vastly underrates their multichannel power so you can be sure if they say it's 75x5 it will output that and much more. What model are you looking at and what speakers do you have?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us