Beater Speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Wildman10387

Holden, Massachusetts

Post Number: 21
I am looking for a cheap pair of speakers that I can beat on in all senses of the word. Physically and inappropriate use like 14 year olds cranking up the volume. I will be powering them with my old Pioneer receiver about 5 years old 100watts x5. I saw a pair of old Klipsch KSB 1.1 (sensitivity 92 db). I figured with the higher sensitivity that Klispch employs and the horn they use, it would be able to withstand at least the inappropriate use. The construction itself is also inclined to be slightly weather resistant. However if I could avoid Klispch speaker I will (i don't like there sound). If there is any other speaker out there that might do the trick, i am open to any suggestions. If the klispch is not a good choice let me know and for what reason (out of curiosity). Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 191
anything cerwin vega will do the trick.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1092
what exactly are you looking to do with them (and don't say beat them up)?

are you going to use them for parties?

use them outside?

we need more detail before we can give you a rec.

Bronze Member
Username: Wildman10387

Holden, Massachusetts

Post Number: 22
The best way to describe there use would be a party like situation. They would not be outside but in an old shack (at a summer camp) that can leak sometimes times so they would need to be weather resistant not weather proof i think. The primary user would be myself, respectful of audio equipment and then 14 and 15 year olds blasting music off their iPods and maybe and old sony cd changer that I might use as well.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1097
Personally, I would recommend either the JBL control 28 or control 30. these are both professional grade, contractor spec speakers with horn loaded tweets and large woofers.

a pair of 28's will set you back about $400

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2819
I support what Gavin said (I am 15 and I have some JBL monitors that are 35 years old and can handle me).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us