Focal 907 Be Special Edit.

Bronze Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 92
Ok fellas. What a difference a day makes plus a little volume. After work I have been listening to the following and making small adjustments in placement. Still not perfect, but much better than last night when I first set them up.

Coltrane - The Best of Coltrane
Sarah Vaughn - I Love Brazil
Mary J. Blige - Growing Pains
Herbie Hancock - The River
Wynton Marsalis - Standards & Ballards

I would never have thought I would catch myself saying that I'm hearing things in these CDs that I had not heard before on many occasions. Sarah Vaughn's vocal are starting to exhibit the soundstage and imaging I experienced when I fist demoed my Naim gear at my dealer. Imaging is improving. Timing of the instruments seem to be deadly accurate. The Be tweeters are simply SWEET & DETAILED. More revealing than my 807V's.

With my jazz stuff so far, this is the closest I've come to feeling as though the piano player is at arms reach so to speak. Now I may lack "audiophile" terms to describe the sounds, but I have that foot tapping feeling and can listen to music for hours on end.

Further tweaking (maybe new speaker stands) and placement may yield some more improvment over the next few weeks. But I can say that if any doubt or reget existed about this purchase, it has since evaporated into shear joy. The 907 Be's are an unequivocal upgrade over an already very good 807V.

Ed

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1192
That's great news Ed!

Keep with it, there are endless tweaks.

This hobby of ours can certainly be rewarding.

Bronze Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 95
Thanks for the encouragement Mike. I read the threads for info/knowledge and find myself listening to way more music with my new kit than ever before...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us