Integrated amp with a pre amp

Username: Roddyboy

Woodbridge, Va Us

Post Number: 4
Hello, i was thinking of buying a preamp with HDMI connections and using it with my NAD372. Is this possible? and is it worth it? Would i get true 5.1/7.1 sound?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12348

What pre amp has HDMI connections? I don't see how you could expect 5.1 channels from a two channel amplifier.

Woodbridge, Va Us

Post Number: 6
Keeping my NAD372, what would you suggest as an add on so that i can have HDMI connections to play my SACD, DVD-A, etc?

Woodbridge, Va Us

Post Number: 7
Keeping my NAD372, what would you suggest as an add on for HDMI connections for my SACD player, DVD, etc?

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1279
You can't add HDMI to a 372.

Woodbridge, Va Us

Post Number: 8
Before i just totally drop this subject NAD makes a T 175 Preamp-tuner/Processor with HDMI connections. Couldn't I use this vs having to buy a new amplifier?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12351

I would suggest you contact a NAD dealer in your area. Listen to any product before shelling out money for something that means very little. Why do you want HDMI? Run your video cables directly to the monitor and your audio cables into your existing unit. HDMI connections are intended to replace multiple cables but they are not necesssarily going to provide better quality. You will spend less money on a second set of cables than you will on a pre amp just to gain HDMI. If you only have a two channel amplifier, you still will not gain 5.1 surround functions by adding HDMI inputs to your pre amp section. Go talk to a dealer and get a bit of an education into how all of this works.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us