CDP for Arcam AVR300

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 45
Do you think I should use the internal DAC of the Arcam or use a good CDP for music listening? I have the Oppo DVD player (see my other post), don't know should I use it with the Arcam via digital output or buy the Naim CD5i CDP that I am thinking buying it.
Thanks.

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 48
Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2522
It all depends. I haven't heard the Oppo in any way, nor have I heard the Arcam's DACs.

Have you tried the Oppo using the Arcam's digital input? It should be the cheapest route. If you don't have a digital cable laying around the house, pick one up at Best Buy or the like. You should have 30 days to return it if the need arises.

Have you heard the CD5i with your gear, in your room, with your music? Will your dealer let you take home a demo player to audition?

I'm pretty sure the CD5i will sound better. How much better and if its worth it is subjective and dependent on your financial means.

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 49
Thanks for responding! Can I use audio cable for digital signal? I have tried before and it worked. But I just want to make sure they are the same.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2526
I believe so. Some may be better than others for some reason. I haven't ever played with digital outs and cables before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us