New 5.1 system

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Clarion Hert...

Post Number: 2446
Hey guys...

I rarely post in the HT section but im very big into car audio. One of my friends is looking for a 5.1 setup in his new appartment. He wants it to be good for both movies and also for parties, so it needs to get pretty loud. He also said he wants a powerful sub so keep that in mind. Im pretty sure he had a reciever with his old setup but im not 100% sure so go ahead and include a new reciever in the setup. He has around $1200-1500 to spend but keep it as low as possible without sacrificing to much SQ. He went to best buy yesterday and purchased a system but i had him take it back because it looked pretty crappy for $1399.

Thanks alot for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 701
What did he get at Best Buy?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9864
Besides screwed over?

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1268
And crap knowledge...or lack there of.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 704
The last thing anyone should do (not that anyone on this forum would) is to ask one of the kids at BB or FS for advice on A/V.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 705
Sometimes, though, just for fun I asked them questions to see what kind of ridiculous answers I get. Invariably it leads over to the aisle where the 149 dollar Monster Cables are.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1270
Jake- Does your friend and you have any access to any actual Audio stores? If so, what brands do they carry?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9868
However, here is another angle.
Perhaps the blemished faced kid at the store is vey knowledgable. His sparse years of audio and musical exposure have not rooted any particular bias to him. He is simply an enthusiest in a position to...aww,never mind.
Another Budweiser.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1273
lol. The Blemished faced kid probably just got pulled off CASH, where he rung through sales for 2 years, knowing nothing about home audio at all. Of course, that is fine, because the Manager( an idiot who has worked retail his whole life) needs somebody really bad in Home Audio because Tommy went back to school. So the Blemished faced kid is no longer a till ringing turd, but now a full fledge audio expert.lol. mmMMMmMMMm BUDWEISER.mmm

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1238
As a former employee of BB, I partially take offense at least in defense of the store I worked at. It was a Magnolia store so there was higher end gear with people that did know their stuff and were genuinely interested and knowledgeable in Audio. I do however totally agree that most if not all BB and other big box stores are horrible in terms of employee knowledge.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 413
nick why are you making mmMMmm sounds over budweiser, now if I say Grolsch, now I should get lots of nummy sounds,

anyways if I want loud party low cost wouldnt klipsch with a say H/K sound good and loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 1276
I have 6 tall cans of Grolsch in my fridge as we speak Angelo. U have good taste my man.

Still waiting for a reply back Jake to what stuff you have available to you.?

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 417
did you hear that, the top popped and said GGRRROOLLSSCCCHHHHH!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us