Alrighty, i need help identifiying this amp...

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobuff

Post Number: 69
This guy on CG is selling an old Altec lansing amp from a theater remodel. It looks like such a beast its almost scary. I was just wondering what price-wise this might be worth and if they sound ok?

Its seriously is a hell of a beast.

Thanks you guys!

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12336

It appears to be a mono amplifier. Yes? If it's early solid state, it might not be worth much. Not many people are rhapsodic over the first two generations of transistors and most of the actual output devices used at the time are no longer available. Call someone like Audio Classics for a better idea on pricing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Its actually multi channel, it has cards that add in, he apparently has 4 70 watt and 2 120 watt cards.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12337

Then I can't help with more information. Why are you interested in this amplifier? Why buy it instead of an amplifier you know something about?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
A: It looks freaking kickass and B: it would be a neat thing to add to an audio collection if i ever wanted to start one.

Thanks for your help, i was just hoping someone here might know a little more about it.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1256
AuDIOBUFF- I agree with Jan. Why buy something that may be a really big "freaking Kick a s s looking" paper weight in a year or less. Have you heard it? Does it sound good with what you have now? How much are you getting it for? Whatever the price, I am sure you can take that money and buy something new that would compare, if not be better, and with a warranty. Just my opinion.Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us