Help with Large Room and New Speakes.

Bronze Member
Username: Teacherrob9

Post Number: 11
Ok, here is my deal. I have a rear projection LCD, Pioneer 1014 receiver, Sony 300 CD changer and a Pioneer DVD player. Looking for 2 speaker setup to watch TV and listen to music. Right now I'm using old JBL northride speakers. I want to add a REGA turntable soo too. What speakers should I be looking at for this very large room that opens into a large dining room. I was looking at Onix Ref, Totem, Quads 21L and 22L and Monitor Audio RS6, but my problems is the spkears will be rather close to the wall...Any suggestions on new speaker choice?
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Teacherrob9

Post Number: 12
Upload

Here is another pic... To the right of the far wall sofa opens up to the dining room...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12312

You're problem is not the size of the room. In a larger the room you have more opportunities for better sound quality, if you are willing to work at getting the best from your system. (I see the playpen so I assume there are some limitations on system set up.)

The problems that would appear to be relevant to your speaker selection would be the position of the speakers; the listening position against the rear wall and in the far field of the speakers and the multiples of hard, reflective surfaces with unusual reflection points that abound within this room.

Why do you want to change speakers? Without trying to be offensive, it would seem you are really only looking for sound and not sound quality.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9831
Good post and right on, JV.
Rob, where do you want to go with this?
Have you moved the JBL's around the room lately?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us