Could it be....

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 673
Just picked up a used pair of AudioQuest Copperheads for my CDP interconnects. These sounded noticeably worse than my cheapo Python ($5.00 on ebay) RCA's.

The Copperheads had a very thin, flat sound and lacked bass depth. I don't think I'm imagining this....

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12298

When I was learning audio one of the things I was taught was to buy what impresses you the least. You want to listen to music and not to your hifi. The trick is to learn what "impresses you least" actually means.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6329
Bummer, are they setup correctly. If so then you may want to talk to someone who sells the AQ's and other brands and discuss what it is that you don't like about the AQ's and see if they can help.

The Kimber Timbre is very different from the AQ's and cheap...just another idea.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 674
I believe they were set up correctly. I noticed there was little directional arrows on them? Does it really matter which way they're pointing?

I tried using them as interconnects between my receiver and dual C272's and that seemed a little more pleasing.

At least I only paid 20 bucks for them.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1840
David, the arrows should point from the source (or pre) to the amp. Arrows on speaker cable should point towards the speakers. Google directional audio cables for more info. There's been a lot of argument on the forums whether or not the direction makes a difference. It think it really depends on the cable design and materials.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12299

Most directional cables simply imply the ground has been lifted at one end. This is typically connected at the source and minimizes RFI pickup in the cable.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12300

Sorry, make that shield has been lifted on a single ended cable.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 675
Cool, thanks... yup, pointing in the right direction.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us