Help Please - NAD T753 keeps blowing

Username: Daveelson

Post Number: 5
Hello
I've had a NAD T753 for close on 4 years now. Just recently it's started to cut out while playing dvd movies. Mainly when I use my new (budget) Panasonic upconverter player. This player has only a digital coax output. I just added a better cable, but it still cuts out.
It cuts out usually when there is an explosion/gunshot on the movie.
My other dvd player is a NAD, purchased at the same time and the receiver does sometimes cut out from that too, but not as much.
I have to reset and then the movie continues, or we switch off in frustration.
I really like (or I used to) NAD products. Had one in the UK, but I'm disappointed that they do not respond to my support request on their website.
Been a week now.
Any ideas would be appreciated as the wife wants to get a new one, and I'm too tightfisted to consider that - yet.
Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1167
Dave- Call them.

Unplug all Digital cables and RCA cables from the back of the machine. I mean unplug everything but the speaker cables including sub cable. Connect your dvd player via RCA cables, play a movie or some music through it. Turn the volume dial up and down and see if it drops. Start plugging in one cable at a time to see if a cable is causing it. I has a crap sub cable a few years back that caused the same problem.

If it does it again right away, then you have a connection/circuit issue with the volume control. I forget what NAD once told me the name of the circuit that can be fixed that can cause this issue as well. Something like VCC circuit or something. I forget.

Post Number: 6
Nick
Thanks for replying and will try that (sensible suggestion I hadn't thought of).
Does anyone have a good number for NAD?
I will try their website soon or when I get home from work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1169
http://nadelectronics.com/parts-service

http://nadelectronics.com/audio-topics/Next-Gen-AV

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the links.
I spoke to a technician who doesn't think my NAD has a fault, it's probably my settings.
I was advised to change the levels for my speakers to 0 db and I reduced the crossover of the subwoofer to 100hz. He did ask me if I sometimes played around with the levels and I had to admit that I do (I like hi-fi but I'm not an expert). One thing that made him think that it was the levels was that when I switched back on, the volume level was automatically much lower, hinting it was a level issue.
I did check the subwoofer cable and later today I'll recheck the rest of the cables.
Thanks for the help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
Sounds good Dave, let us know how you make out. Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us