Rega R3 or MA RS6

Bronze Member
Username: Arien

Post Number: 38
Hi,

I just moved from KL Malaysia to Sydney and I am trying to rebuild my audio system. I was able to bring with me my Krell KAV150, Sumo Athena Pre and Benchmark DAC1 but unfortunately I sold my dyn 52s in KL. So I am without a pair of speakers and a CDP. I am looking at MA RS6 as well as Rega R3 which are in the same price level. I haven't had a chance to listen to both which I think will be a challenge here as I am new here in Australia. Which do you think will be a best match with my current electronics? May I ask how would you describe the sound of the R3 since there's not much i can find on the web?

Other suugestions are very much apprciated.

I listen to mostly jazz, acoustic and little bit of rock music, mellow rock that is...

thanks in advance.

andrei

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1831
In Sydney

http://www.castlehillhifi.com.au for Rega
http://www.pymblehifi.com.au for MA's

Welcome to Aus

M.R.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Hi M.R. Thanks...

Any recommendation?

andrei

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1832
Gidday Andrei

Sorry, I've only heard the Rega R5 so I can't help. I'd say Art might know both of those speakers but you should really try to hear the them for yourself if possible.

MR

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6239
Sent you an email Arien.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Thanks Art for taking the time to respond to my e-mail....Have a good rest mate! I'll let you know the result of my search.

Andrei

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1163
I would love to see the outcome of this Arien.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6240
In case you wondered I recommended listening for himself. For my ears I believe that the MA's are a better match with his gear.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2714
Andrei, the MA's are closer in presentation to your Dyns than the R3s. Still, theya re both different enough that you may not get on with them. You'll have to try them out for yourself, preferably with your Krell...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Hi,

I had the chance to listen to MA Silver RS6 being driven by Roksan Integrated and was very impressed. I was also able to compare the RS6 and the RS8, the store keeper alternately switched between the RS6 and RS8, to me the RS6 sounded more neutral and fuller in the mids, imho the only advantage of the RS8 is the extra low compliment of the extra woofer. I bought the Black Oak real wood veneer and was delivered on the same day. So far I'm very satisfied with the RS6, it matches perfectly with the rest of my gears. I'll still have to play a little with the placement though.

I didn't took the risk with the Rega R3 as I really have slim chance of auditioning them, much more so wth my Krell and I don;t want to buy without listening...plus the R3 cost $300 more than the RS6...

So again, thanks to all for your advise and opinions, appreciate it.

Andrei

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6296
As I thought...enjoy your MA's and ofcourse enjoy the music!

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1202
Very nice speakers Arien. Enjoy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Thanks Art, Nick...still need some hours to burn in these babies...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us