Speaker Recommendations for an Onkyo TX-SR505?

Username: Bkaye

Post Number: 1
I have a low end Onkyo TX-SR505 system that I want to hook up to my Sony 60" TV. I am not physically able to run wiring to rear speakers (at least not without more effort than I am willing to put in) so I am looking at just front speakers. I am not looking to put much money into this, just something that will give decent sound when watching movies and will also produce decent sound when listening to the radio or cd's.

The room these will be in is fairly small, about 14x18 with vaulted ceilings, if that makes a difference when considering low priced speakers.

Any recommendations or advice on where to start would be appreciated. I do have a fair selection of stores in town and will demo them once I have an idea what to look for.

Thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Msgtpogi

NJ

Post Number: 24
I am a fan of Paradigm Titans which are 2-way bookshelf speakers. They have a 6.5" woofer in a back ported enclosure. I bought them about 8 years ago and have been improved upon by Paradigm. They are not state of the art but are surprisingly very well engineered that owners of much more expensive speakers would go to great lengths to disparage them to preserve their investments. There are many online reviews of these speakers. I bought for about $230 for the pair. Never regretted a penny of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us