Bose Question

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1615
Ok, here's the question. In terms of HT companies where would you rank Bose speakers. I'm a car guy ( you see me on that forum alot) and Bose in cars suck. Is it just misinformed people who think Bose is good because I have yet to hear a good one but people swear up and down they're good.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2452
Its the same thing in home and car audio. Bose is crap. Hopefully the Bose fanatic trolls don't see this and start another war.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 630
On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate them a -1.

Username: Deltaforce

Post Number: 4
don´t say that, bose is onre the top 10 of the best car´s sound systems!!!!

ferrari bose is one 10 and caddilac bose is one 5

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3027
Bose - the triumph of marketing over engineering...

Bose use cheap nasty plastic drivers, cheaper nastier cabinets, hopeless connections, lousy electronics (in their subs). But I will admit they're very pretty, and generally pretty reliable (which is a surprise).

Sonically, Bose is characterised by a pleasantly inoffensive sound. It's very safe, never engaging, a bit warm and cuddly - very pipe and slippers.

Competition: given the size of their dinky satellites, there's not much out there that directly competes with Bose. Most systems have bigger drive units which makes the satellites larger but which usually makes them better. It also depends on which Bose system you're considering, or to put it another way, what your budget is. One of the best value for money packages you can buy is the Focal Sib & Cub package. Focal (JmLab to some) have been around in both car and domestic audio for a very long time. The Sib/Cub system is cute (though the satellites are not tiny) and works well - and can be driven by any halfway decent receiver such as an Onkyo TX-SR606. Very good combination.

Also check out Orb Audio for cute systems, as well as Anthony Gallo systems.

It's interesting that a car audio person thinks Bose sucks too. It gives me some hope that all is not lost in the world.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2852
"Hopefully the Bose fanatic trolls don't see this and start another war.'

One of them found it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us