Comments wanted on inexpensive Phono Preamp

I need a phono preamp and have looked at the Sumiko Phono box, NAD PP2, and Parasound. They are all around $100-$150. Any thoughts or comments. My guess is at this price range they are all about the same.

Hawk
I would give the advantage to the Sumiko. They have specialized in this area for over 30 years and I really like the Sumiko products I have had in the past. My Grace F9E cartridge, imported by Sumiko, may have been one of the best cartridges ever. I have also had a Sumiko tonearm and loved it.

I am looking for a replacement stylus for a grace F-9E ruby. Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous
Recoton SP2 Phono Pre-Amp
If you are looking for one of these, let me know at lasic1@yahoo.com

Hawk
Robert!!!!

I also have a Grace F-9E ruby and I have searched high and low for a replacement stylus, but no luck. Seems Sumiko is no longer supporting this cartridge (which is, after all, 20 years old!). If you come across a source for a replacement stylus, please post it on this board. I would live to have one.

The Grace is the most musical cartridge I have ever heard--I really loved it before my 5 year old daughter got curious and. . . , well, you know . . .

I also have a Grace F9E with a broken stylus... cleaning lady did it. If anyone knows where to get a replacement ruby stylus, please post it!

Unregistered guest
I am looking for a stylus for a Grace G8 custom. Havn't been able to find one in Australia yet.
Can anyone help.

Unregistered guest
If any is looking for Grace F series, Denon 103S, Supex, Grado, Micro Acoustics NOS cartridges I have about 10 of the popular models at that time. These are new in box with all inserts, etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us