Help! Need to fix buzzing speaker

Username: Posamund

Los Angeles

Post Number: 1
Have been building a nice, simple home surround system. Finally added the final piece: 50" DLP rear projection TV to the mix. Looks great. DVD's look and sound great, HOWEVER, when ever I try to run another component through the speakers now I get a serious buzzing.
What is going on? Is there a simple way to fix this? Maybe a grounding issue?
THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1104
You have a grounding issue. Is it the same Component cable you are using that is causing the noise?

If so, try another cable. If not unplug all the cables and plug one in at a time to see which one is causing it.

Where is the component cable coming from? Cable box? Something like that. Perhaps your coax line coming in is not grounded properly.

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 201
Research "Ground loops"

I have a slight one in my system that i can live with. it used to be pretty bad, but i have spent hours on hours figuring it out and slowly fixing it.

It could be allot of things causing it.

Define buzzing... a ground loop is usually described as a Hum.

Username: Posamund

Los Angeles

Post Number: 2
Having checked the connections, the buzzing/hum still exists when I rifle through the input selector on the amp (dvd, cd, aux, etc...). However, now and then the buzz/hum will drop out on the dvd, but be there when running the cd...and vice versa. Little frustrating, as you can imagine.

If this is in fact a "ground" issue, how can I solve or ground things properly?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS

Bronze Member
Username: Amish

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 18
start with your outlets. Get a tester and make sure everything is grounded properly. Are the RCA's touching power or coax lines? make sure the coax line is propely grounded at the drop. use better shileded RCA cables. I dunno what else to tell you.

Bronze Member

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 19
start with your outlets. Get a tester and make sure everything is grounded properly. Are the RCA's touching power or coax lines? make sure the coax line is propely grounded at the drop. use better shielded RCA cables. I dunno what else to tell you.

Bronze Member

Riverside, CA

Post Number: 20
oops sorry guys. Mod or admin please delete my first post in this thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us