Interconnect suggestions for Xpression III

Username: Dpenn

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 3
Can anyone suggest an upgrade for the supplied cables provided with pro-ject's xpression III? Will any standard interconnects do or is the grounding connection required as well? I'm assuming grounding cables can be purchased separately but I'm not educated on the subject.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9650
Dane, if you open it to look first, you will know what is required. You might also get a look at what is there now, and have an idea of what is an 'upgrade'.

Username: Dpenn

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 6
Wow...utterly helpful, thank you. I realize what is there now and that its crap quality. I was asking for a suggestion on any cables that might be a fan favourite...but I guess that's too much to ask for. My apologies.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6034
Dane, what's the rest of your system and what music do you listen to? BTW, great table it's a heck of a good bargain.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9656
So Dane, what does the cabling consist of now? Is it a shielded cable? I say grounded(not necessarily shielded, depending on the sheath)or what are you looking to improve upon?
Do you have humming issues?
Associated rumble?
What do you feel that the cabling is not doing for you?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6035
The Xpression III comes with the typical inexpensive interconnects that you get in the box. Kind of like buying the Rega Apollo...most folks don't want to use the interconnects that came in the box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9659
If it comes with rca plugs, Dane might do better with hard wired cabling after all, with the right cables.
Open it up and find out?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 6037
One of the advantages of the Xpression III over the first version of this table is that the interconnects are not proprietary so you can choose the flavor that you want. van den Hul, Kimber Kable and Cardas are all companies that make very good interconnects with good reputations among analog enthusiasts.

Username: Derricker

Post Number: 8
I have really thick MONSTER CABLE between my amp and preamp. Is that something "analog enthusiasts" frown upon? I didn't realize there were so many brands of cable. I figured thick cable was good enough, no? Honestly curious, thanks in advance for any input!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10098
Rick, the cable issue is one of great contention, however, Monster is generally considered low man on the Totem Pole.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us