Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 646
Good stuff Nuck.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2202
Just trying to keep things interesting guys.

I still think the pic I posted of Nuck and his system is the one to beat.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 830
I agree with Stu, unfortunately the only guy who could beat it by posting more pictures of himself is the one who can't figure this sh!t out.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 619
Here are a few pictures of my setup at university.
Been here for 3 weeks now. The speakers are one day old, I much much prefer them over my old wharfedale diamond 8.1s.

A subwoofer will be coming soon.

The speakers have to go back on friday because today my flatmate managed to knock one of the speakers off the stand so it damaged the wood in a couple of places.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1421
Got to be careful about those flatmates. Ouch!

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5516
Nice setup JJ, keep that music goin'!

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
Nice stuff J.J, nice to see the Monitor Audio's.

Username: Parnelly

Post Number: 4
Im noticing that alot of the pics on here are of newer/digital equipment. Im an analog guy. These pictures are somewhat lacking, due to the fact that most of my equipment is older and needs servicing after years of abuse.

Turntable is not hooked up. Both of my pre amps dont work properly, phono jacks are the first ones to go on them for some reason. My main pre is in the shop right now waiting to have new jacks installed on the back.

In these pictures you are looking at one of the bose 4401's that i have and my AP800 power amp.

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/honchie/Stereo%20Equipment/Picture005.jpg[/IMG]

These are the speakers that go with the AP800, They are Elite 401's.
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/honchie/Stereo%20Equipment/Picture005.jpg[/IMG]
I have replaced at least 4 woofers on the speakers. Twice due to my power amp blowing up. Once due to a drink being spilled on the woofer and once from age and wear. One of the woofers is still in need of repair.

Post Number: 5
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/honchie/Stereo%20Equipment/Picture004.jpg[/IMG]]
Sorry here's the pic of the speaks. (couldnt figure out how to edit my last post)

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2141
J.J., Nice speakers!

(Pick up your boxers before taking a picture to upload to the Internaet! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 172
Speakers look good J.J... I'm curious about the placement. Does it work well?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9040
PG, it's real life man!
As unfortunate as that is sometimes...
But JJ might have gotten lucky!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1430
I have to admit, I never knew Bose produced individual Hi-Fi components.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4766
Parnelly, there are some pictures of turntables and so on on the archived threads at the top of the page.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1431
...it's all analog in the end.

Post Number: 8
I just moved not long ago a bunch of my equipment is at my parents house still. When i get it back over to my crib ill post pics of some of the other stuff i have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9051
Upload

Here is the speaker right shot, with the PSB, the MA 8i, and the Time windows.

Upload

The single wire to the big PSB Stratus Silver speakers.

Upload

Speakers left w/sub.

The whole Classe, again. Working this time.
Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5531
Nice stuff dude!

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2218
Glad to see you figured out how to take pictures, and more importantly - how to post them.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1651
Yeah, very nice indeed Nuck. But you seem to be running short on speakers LOL!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5532
He can always relieve himslef of those MA's by sending them to me for storage. He'll never have to worry them taking up space again...lol!

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
lol Art, I have dibs first on the MA's. Very nice stuff Nuck, a real pleasure to finally see your gear.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1435
BINGO!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D160172474734&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

The Mission M32i will soon be back in the house & will be reunited with their old friend, the Marantz SR5400.

Don't you love a happy ending.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1436
Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5535
Alright then...I see speakers and Chris riding off into the sunset......

Gold Member

Post Number: 9054
Attaboy, Chris, and for under a c-note, too!

Thanks for the storage offer, Art.
These are the MA's that I bought from Mike W. for a song. Along with the TW's and the Apollo, too!
I won't embarrass anyone with the dollar figure, let's just say that Mike got a steak dinner as well, hehehe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9055
Stu, I was using 'save as' which added mass to the pic, sending it over the limit.
With 'save', the pic is replaced.

Duh!
Thud thud thud.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1437
I have to admit, I'm giddy over this pick up.

I didn't regret selling-off the M32i when I did (I sold them for what I paid for them), but I did miss them. For a NIB $97/pr., this might be my best buy yet.

I also picked up a pair of these for $49

Upload

Here's a link to the sight

http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1044

They price match + 10% off and free s/h!

I'll get back with some pics when all is set-up.

Gold Member

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 1448
The "new" M32i & Beta 20 side by side.
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1449
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2146
Very nice! They do look new. Great price!

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 539
My new (used) Rega Planar 2. It's got a new belt on it and a Grado cartridge. I need to get a new mat for it. (Suggestions?) I just stopped in at my dealer to ask him to keep me in mind for a used table and he had this one in the shop. $150 and he threw 127 albums in the deal. I couldn't pass it up...

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5544
Very cool Stryvn, sent ya an email. The Herbie's Mat is a very good one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1451
Nice going Stryvn, great deal.

Can you list all the albums?

Just kidding.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5545
That would be in the Music Selections thread Chris...lol, he's a bit busy listening at present anyways.

Silver Member

Post Number: 669
Damn, nice deal Stryvn. Nice table.

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
I must be having e-mail troubles, Art.

Thanks guys...I'm having tons of fun with serious flashbacks going through my old vinyl.

CM, the 127 albums are all classicals. Not my cup of tea at the moment but I do realize my taste in music is an everchanging creature. And I listen to all kinds of stuff, so these albums are surely keepers and will be listened to sooner or later. Right now I'm having too much fun with my collection from 20 years ago.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5548
Stryvn, I received your last 3 emails/pm's and sent you one back so maybe not?

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
I'm not getting much incoming then I guess.

The wife put in a request for REO Speedwagon's Hi inFIdelity tonight.....lol. We're jammin REO vinyl! lolol

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5549
Have you determined what Grado you're runnin' on the Rega.

I'm pretty excited as I get my new Ortofon 2M Red Monday or Tuesday for the Dual.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9093
Where'd ya get the red from Art?

As for Grado, looks like I got a TLZ coming along for the vpi table. Currently searching for a Rega rb300 arm. I had a lead on a RB250 with a big carb and a 4-on-the-floor, but got beat out.

I am seething with jealousy over your vinyl gushing, Stryvn. I can just see the smile on your face from hear(sic).

I have 3 lp's.Ouch! Need lessons from Mike W on this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 676
Here is an updated pic with the new Apollo.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
Very nice, Nick.

It fits right in.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5552
Bought the Red from Fred Longworth, Classic Audio Repair in San Diego. Nice guy who provides alot of support on another site I visit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
Thanks Stryvn.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9101
Nick, the stand is a beauty.

Liking the Apollo?

Silver Member

Post Number: 678
Nuck- Love the Apollo. LOVE it.lol. This thing kicks the crap out of my old NAD. Although I only paid 350 taxes in for my NAD which it sounds a lot better than that price, the Apollo just seems to read more off the cd. More detail, better timing/pace, tighter low end. Im thinking another piece of Rega is in call. Probably around the holidays. The Apollo just makes you want to get up and dance. It beat out the Arcam hands down to my ears. The Arcam was to familiar, sounded like a slightly better version of the NAD. Warm, laid back, and a bit dull compared to the Apollo. I also had a Bryston 3B here for the test and a NAD C372 integrated. The 3b had slightly faster timing than the NAD, but for price to performance I think I am going to upgrade to the 4B soon. Then there was the C372 integrated. Believe it or not, I felt my C272/T763 combo sounds better than the C372 alone. Yes a receiver.lol. I didn't get it either. Thats my biggest problem with NAD as a company. If you buy say 5 items for music listening, say two integrated's, a A/V receiver and a couple two channel receivers, you find that 2 out of the 5 sound good, the rest are dull, boring. Its like every piece of their equipment is Manufactured in a different plant in china. As far as a A/V receiver goes, they make some of the best for SQ. Ive heard tones, including a Pioneer Elite/Monitor Audio setup yesterday. And I must say that the NAD is still the second best sounding A/V receiver for multichannel and two channel material I have ever heard. The best being the Arcam 350. Which cost 2 times more money. That said, im thinking keep the T763 for home theater although with the Apollo my music sounds very good. And get the Cursa 3 with a 4b power amp for two channel listening. And call it a day.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1674
I've set our Project Xpression 2 T/T on a timber cutting block and cut out a section for the speedbox. Still a small noise issue persists, but I have put it down to proximity to other components as Art suggested. Also replaced the earth and interconnects. Sounds sweet!

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1676
Nick, congrats on the Apollo, it sounds as good as it looks on your rack.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9107
MR, nice handywork mounting the speedbox in there!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5555
That really looks good withe speed box in the cutting block.

Silver Member

Post Number: 683
Thanks M.R. Nice craftsmanship on the cutting board. Looks like something you would buy from an audio shop.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2235
Rantz -
Great job with the cutting board. I think I'm going to borrow the idea.

Nick -
That Apollo looks great in your rack. I think a Mira 3 and some R5's will look equally as good.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1679
Thanks guys, it's nice to do something else with a cutting block and get me out of the kitchen.

Stu - patents are pending lol!

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2236
I've got a project that I'm waiting for the rest of the parts for before I can finish it up. I borrowed that one too - from a different site. It should look really good when done. I'll post pics as soon as its all done.

Rantz -
How did you do that? Jigsaw?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1680
Stu - I don't have a jigsaw so I used a hand saw for the two side cuts, drilled a heap of holes close together along the rear cut, and snapped the piece out and finished with a rasp/file and sandpaper. A bodgie job but ended with decent finish. Because of the size feet I screwed on the timber block, I also changed the size of the feet on the speedbox (they are only self adhering) even though I made the slot for a tight fit. That way the speed box fits evenly in the block and without any possible vibration.

Don't forget to cut the space deep enough for the rear power connections.

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
Nice execution there, MR. It looks great!

Stu - Where are you buying vinyl online again?

Silver Member

Post Number: 684
LOL new Isolation Feet for the Apollo. They look great in person.

Upload

Question for those with the Apollo. When the lid is lifted I noticed that you can actually(if you wanted) easily pop off the area where the cd sits. Why is that? Is that for easy access for repairing? I was putting my feet on tonight, carefully of course. And when I was holding the Apollo up in the air sort of on its side I noticed that thing kinda popped open a bit. Didn't fall out or anything, just noticed that It could be taken out. I dunno. Just curious.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5556
I don't know and won't be checkin' it out. It works therefore I'm happy..lol...although I haven't listened to it in over a month.

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 831
Hey guys, I have been out of pocket mostly for he past 3 weekends, so time to catch up.

I am currently spinning Rush Archives ($2 at the local Salvation Army... there is no place I will not look for vinyl). Currently listenin' to "Working Man" at ungodly levels. I will turn it down after this song as Marsh is due home soon.

Nuck, you can score some vinyl from me this week. Congrats again on your TT.

stryvn, glad you got something better, I guess that Garrard I sent you didn't do it for you?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really get the "Right now I'm having too much fun with my collection from 20 years ago." I am doing sorta the same thing, having fun with sh!t i used to listen to 30+ years ago!

M.R. I loved your Men At Work times three post! Nice work on the butcher block. It demonstrates how seriously you take this. Enjoy the vinyl!

Nick, the Apollo looks like the perfect fit for you. Seeing how much you are enjoying it you should really audition a used MAC if you ever get the opportunity. To my ears the Apollo is one of the sweetest machines out there. I heard a Mira 3 set up with Nuck and while very good, was a little to pulled back for me. I never got that sense with the Apollo in a different mix.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2238
Nick -
I'm not 100% sure of what you're talking about. But, maybe it's suspension to cut down on/control vibration?

Stryvn -
I've ordered from Music Direct -
http://musicdirect.com/

and Acoustic Sounds -
http://store.acousticsounds.com/

Music Direct has been very good to me until the last few orders. For some reason, they messed up the last 3 in a row. They were very appologetic, and fixed and explained everything. Hopefully its just some bad luck on their part and won't happen again.

I've only ordered twice from Acoustic Sounds. They've been very good.

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2239
I'm going to try to audition a pair of Green Mountain Audio Europa Max tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it went.

http://www.greenmountainaudio.com/Speakers/Europa%20Max/Specifications.htm

Disclaimer - I hope mauimusicman doesn't see this and start his crap again. If he does, PLEASE ignore him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 685
Mike- I really do love it. And will have my eyes open for some stuff including MAC in the next few weeks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1469
M.R.

That turntable platform looks great. It kind of reminds me of the Mapleshade platform (but I bet it was a heck of a lot cheaper). Very Nice. Care to post some close-ups?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1682
Chris, it cost $24.00 at Target - on sale from $39.99. Rubber feet set about $3.00.

These are the best I can do for close-ups and avoiding showing the bodgie workmanship. LOL!

Upload

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 686
Sexy

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 623
In (late) response to previous comments to my pictures..

Thanks for the positiveness!

PG

"(Pick up your boxers before taking a picture to upload to the Internaet! :-) "

They were only swim shorts dude!

Srinivas

"Speakers look good J.J... I'm curious about the placement. Does it work"

That placement wasnt so bad at all. I quite liked it both from my bed and from the desk. But as an experimental kind of person I've moved some stuff around and here's the setup now.

The speakers came today as replacement for the ones my flatmate broke. He's now not allowed in the room!

Subwoofer to come on Sunday. Speakers still to run in.

See the new layout...

Sound is slightly boomy with proximity to walls. Hmm. Its not that bad so I'm not going to worry about it.
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Here are a couple more pics.

901's(Work In Progress) And Eq
Upload
Pioneer RT1011L
Upload

And i thought i would repost these.
Bose 4401 Quadraphonic Pre Amp and Yorkville AP800 Power Amp
Upload
Yorkville Elite 401's
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 688
Cool beans Parnelly.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 123
Parnelly,

Cool Reel to Reel. I've always wondered about those. Can you get any music for it?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 390
Clean your room JJ!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5566
Outstanding Parnelly...love the Bose pre and the 901's...cool stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Parnelly,

Cool Reel to Reel. I've always wondered about those. Can you get any music for it?

Back in the day i know you used to be able to buy tapes for it. I have a santana live 7" and a steppenwolf live 7". They are old and the tape is worn really badly. I dont know about availability of these pre recorded tapes anymore. I used to have about 20 blank reels but a flood ruined a lot of my stuff. The Reel itself needs new heads though.

Outstanding Parnelly...love the Bose pre and the 901's...cool stuff.

The bose pre amps are an outstanding unit when they work well. This pre in the pic is in need of some work. Phono jacks dont work along with pretty much all the front channel jacks. I have another 4401 which is in the shop at the moment having new jacks installed in it. Once i get it back im going to have this one serviced as well. I should not expect it back for a couple months. When i get it back i will post pics of the work done to it.

Also being that im sick today and off work i may pull out the old 1801 and get a snap of that up here.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Was bored, so i took some more pics.

Bose 1801 Power amp(Blown)
Upload
Upload
Also missing casing for fuse.
Upload

Technics SL220 turn table W/Pickering Stylus
Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5574
Very cool Technics Table, what cartridge are you runnin' on it, also is that a felt mat?

I was sick on Tuesday (and my furnace went out), gave me time to install my cartridge...silver lining man!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9125
Upload

Big heavy box. I think JFK ordered one. Remarkably good condition.

Upload

The letter reads 'dear new owner'
3 pages of suspension and placement tips for this table.

The shiny perfect plinth.

Upload

All the feet, suspension, shaft lube and points.

Upload

Original documents.

Upload

Platter, original clamp and the goodie bits.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11708

Nuck - Stupid question to ask now, but what's the line Voltage and c.p.s. in your location?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5577
Far out table Nuck...put that together with a vintage Mac and you'll have a....wait a second hasn't that table been there before, happily I'd guess as well! Congrats man, enjoy!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9128
Thanks, Art, hehehe. It's gonna be a Classe kit now, with that phono stage to be proven. Oh, and the new speaks and active XO's.
Wait for this one fella's!

Jan, quite stable, but odd power outs.
I havn't measured the voltage...a dc motor and controller? Or a batteried power supply w/backup?

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1695
Very nice Nuck, and you know it has been treated with tlc.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9129
Geez, MR, I am afraid to farrt around it!
Jan included specific info on filling the well, levelling, and minimizing the height. OK, I am not mechanically challenged in any way, trust me.
But for this, my first time, I ama bit leery of opening the main shaft well more than once.
Damn this is fun!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9130
Oh, and no more pics for a while. All the other speaks and stuff is on the block.
New ones coming in, as soon as I raise the $ by selling mentioned stuff.
What a sport!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9131
Oh and happy summer coming up, MR.
It snowed yesterday, dammit!

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1696
You enjoy the snow Nuck and I'll keep out of the rain!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11711

Nuck - I was asking about 110-120 Volts and 60Hz. That is what you run on; right? The Voltage is not that important as long as it's close but the c.p.s. has to be right or the motor won't synch to the right speed. 60Hz and you'll cool. 50Hz and you'll need another pulley.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9135
Jan, I havn't noticed any phase synch issues at all.
Ok once I did, and the beer fridge dimmed the lights on start up, in the garage. I called the power guys and they said that they were doing some stuff.
No freq variations beyond that.

The new motor and controller will be on an output demand freq drive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Very cool Technics Table, what cartridge are you runnin' on it, also is that a felt mat?

I was sick on Tuesday (and my furnace went out), gave me time to install my cartridge...silver lining man!!!

Its a pickering stylus. It was a fairly decent priced needle and it sounds great. My brother odered one online after he heard mine. Im not sure what the mat is made of? I take it off to play records anyways. I just use basically to keep the dust off the rubber mat.Which in turn helps keep the dust off the records. Ive been uge on vinyl since i was a young lad. My pops always had records or the reel to reel going. Always pumpin classic rock tunes Queen Meatloaf Steve Miller Lou Reed, anything rockin anyways. Kinda rubbed off on me i guess.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9152
So I got a nible or 2 on the sale stuff. Listed my spare amp and the Rotel 1072 as well.
Speakers must go, making room for

http://www.roundsound.com/reference-3-speakers.htm

and the 300w Classe amp.

And a sub system that will raise a few eyebrows.

Like Mike W. says..'I love this sport'!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5587
The Gallo's are great speakers and really don't get enough mention here and elsewhere. They do a lot of things well and nothing that I can think of poorly. Another speaker in a similar price range that I would rather have are the Devore Fidelity Gibbon 8's and Super 8's fabulous speaker that fits my music well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1482
Congratulations on those Gallos Nuck! Very Classe-y. I've some Gallos in the past, but only under poor condition. I take it you've auditioned these?

Where did you post your stuff for sale?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9155
Art, yet another fine product that I have never heard of.If you post a link, I would like to see what you lust after...after Mrs. Art, of course!

The Gallo's...wiping drool.
My first exposure to these oddballs was in a store inToronto about 5 years ago, powered with a Linn system. Ear candy and good to look at, like Diana Krall, which was on the Linn Uni.

Fast forward to Mike Wodek's room.

Mike has had these for a while, and has finessd the kit into one formidable system, in a fantastic listening room, which needs a little straightening out(Mike your girl said so).

Back to the speakers.
The layout is thus:
Bi-amped, the mains(not highs) go to all the drivers, including the bass, mids and highs, through a very simple XO, which is really non-existant above 1.2khz, which open the mid drivers to really sing.
The ribbon tweeter is a parametric unit, with 300' dispersion, and ain't shy.
The bass runs through the 10" driver with the XO.

Then the second coil of the bass driver comes into play. See, the second coil(4ohm) is usually driven by a second, dedicated amp from Gallo.
About 250wpc. This puts response down to 22Hz, from the 32 rated for the full range.

I figgur to run these with acive XO's(behringer) and Classe amp, just to be different. And to punch the hell out of them.
With the Classe 300w amp for the mains, and the gain of active xo, this could be kinda fun.
Unless I blow myself up.The ca 200 will run 400wpc into a 4 ohm load.

Mike runs these at very comfortable levels up to run-for-cover levels, and I ain't kidding you.
Run, Forrest, run!
That is a quicky, Mike will chime in , I hope.

CM, if you have held out this long...
It is listed in CAM
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/classifieds/speakers/3

they are notioursly cheap there, not holding out much hope, as I listed high.
Speaakers, sub and a spare amp.

Will ship!

Mrs. Nuck gave me more than an eyebrow at the new stuff, what with the new amp coming and all.
The TT is what it is, and I touted it's value, but was a gift. Big points there.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5593
http://www.devorefidelity.com/

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5594
No pics yet, bt Gavin and Nuck you guys are gonna love this. I traded the Kenwood KR 6400 I picked up a couple of weeks ago for $10 and the KLH Model 17's I picked up for $30 for a Rotel RCD971 cd player with a Jim Ott (Northwest Audio Labs) installed performance mod, brand new condition in box with all of the goodies, manual packing materials, all of it plus a pair of Magnepan MMG's in the original box!!!

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9159
Oooooohhh Art, that is soooooo sweet!
All this AND the MMG's!
Hope yu are having fun, this whole thing is sure working out for you!
Have fun, my friend!

Are you going to run the MMG's?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5598
Yes indeed Nuck I am. I don't have enough power at present but I'll be keeping them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9163
Rotel power is cheap, man.

Just hit another sale!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5603
I just opened the box and to my amazement guys these Maggies absolutely like new. No scratches, no snags in the socks, all original paperwork. For chrissake thay were in the original bags which were barely wrinkled...holy cow I scored big time. Pictures to come soon!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 839
Real sweet Art!

Nuck, a little more specificity may help in finding your listings. I will offer more on the Gallos but not at this ungodly hour. BTW for a photographically challenged chap such as yourself you really have evolved. Nice pics.

I suggest you run your Classe / Behringer combo past the folks at Gallo just to be sure. Sounds like a real kick (insert three letter word for backside) set up that will not disappoint.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us