Yamaha RX-V650-anyohe has any experience with this one?

fakircina
Unregistered guest
I am thinking to buy this receiver and it sounded good to me in shop, but my room is not as big as shop so has anyone any experience with this receiver?
Btw. I have mission speakers (f-m35,r-m32 and c-m3c2).
Thanx.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
the yamaha is a great receiver IMHO, but for your speakers it may sound bright for your ears. I would suggest you try the Marantz SR-5400. It is the same price range as the Yamaha and probably has better DAC's than the Yamaha. Now don't get me wrong, I happen to like Yamaha. I just recently bought a semi-new RX-V440 and I love it!! But in your case, the Marantz or H/K will do just fine with your speakers!! You may want to ask Elitefan and Hawk on the Marantz receiver and see what they say. Here go to www.hifi.com and look up the SR-5400. They have it on sale for $549.99.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 424
Sarandon is right about the 5400. Really good unit for a list of $599. It should match well with the Mission's.

Username: Citsathish

Tokyo, Tokyo Japan

Post Number: 1
I am also looking for a good receiver. I have seen the RX-v640 old model in the showroom. It cost around 55000 Yen (around 500$).
Can you suggest me which one i can go for. Also my budget is 500$ and + .

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 227
Sathish, what speakers are you using/getting?

Username: Citsathish

Tokyo, Tokyo Japan

Post Number: 2
'm currently using BOLTEN speakers(woofer, mid range and tutors... 8 ohms). I am also planning to get new if my current one is not matching with the receivers.

clayjt
Unregistered guest
I'm thinking of getting the 650 also and i have am-7's and am 5's for the rear. what do you think about that. will it work well??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us