Speakers for nadc320bee

newcomer
Unregistered guest
hello all

I am looking for 2 bookshlef speakers for my new amp nad c32o bee. My budget is about US $700. My listening area is about 200sq ft. I like different variety of music but rock is not my priority. Is sonus faber concertino home, chario delphinus ok? Is the nad amp has sufficient power for the above mentioned speakers? or any other suggestions. Pls hlep

thanks alot

Username: Knightshade

Taunton, Somerset England

Post Number: 7
You could take a look at the Tannoy Eyris 1's. Very nice speaker, has an unusual look but puts in a good alround performance. I know over here there was a place selling them off for £299.
Tannoy seem to be a nice match for nad.

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 97
Here is a suggestion. I"m going get these this summer as a trade-up on my Paradigm Focus and some NAD amp upgrades. The Paradigm Monitor 5, at a very sensible $550 per pair offer very fine performance. Just updated to version 3 recently, on account of a new light, tight, carbon-fiber-ish bass unit gives you a taste of state of the art speaker design, affordably so, and will avoid product cycle dating for a while. I am going to bi-wire my 5's with my Straight Wire cables (Sextet $100 and Symphony $150) as I auditioned them with the Symphony cables attached. I was blown away at the sound, as was the salesperson; especially at the price. Even if you don't bi-wire them and used decent cables (not crappy wires) you'd get a piece of audiophile pie well within your budget. You;ll find your NAD to be an excellent match with Straight Wire and Paradigm, as I have NAD, Straight Wire and Paradigm! Works quite well.

Bronze Member
Username: Pal

Pune, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 22
I also came here as a newbie (i still am :-) ), and after some great suggestions i got B&W 602 S3 along with NAD320BEE, and trust me, the system rocks !!! btw the CD player too is NAD 521BEE.
Rest all i can say is demo all the combos u can and go by ur instincts, buy what sounds good to YOU !! that is what i have learnt from here...
All the best

Olivier
Unregistered guest
I believe good speakers would be DYNAUDIO's Audience 52.
I recommend you test them.
You will then hear what perfect phasing or timing is : it gives spatial precision and proportion. A voice sounds like a voice. they are great.

I am actually still hesitating for my buy.
I might go for the Audience 62 (same but floor stand instead of bookshelf) as well as for the NAD C352 for higher power therefore better handling of the bass.

However I am still looking for infos before I make up my mind.

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 105
In this issue of The Absolute Sound, an article is authored about the NAD C272 - the separate version of the amp section in the C372. It is a favorable review, as were the British reviews before the C372 was released over here. One British review dinged the little brother C352. I'm going to upgrade to the C372 and C542 from my current C730 and C541i this summer with my new Monitor 5's v3.

Anonymous

I have the same amp and I run it with 2 Energy Connoisseur C-5 floorstanding speakers. I highly recommend anything from them and the C-3 is a good quality bookshelf speaker. Check out http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/energy_c3.htm for a review, they're worth the money and they're already a chunk below your budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us