Boston cr95, polk audio r50 and infinity entra three

Entry level
Unregistered guest
I am thinking about buying either one of this speaker. Any recommendation, which one is the best and what type of sound each one present? Thank you

Anonymous

At that price point?

NHT

Entry level
Unregistered guest
I think I can get either one of them at price around 400 dollars per pair. They are about the same price range. Therefore, I just want to know which one is the best of all? Thank you

Username: Eksine

Post Number: 9
you can buy the R50 on Ebay new for $260 plus $50 shipping. the R50 is good, I own a pair. i have never tried the other two, but i have heard the entra is just garbage. if I was you i would goto Best Buy and purchase the Athena AS-F1 for $320 a pair. it has a single 8" woofer on each speaker and the build quality is nice

Username: Litas

NO, LA

Post Number: 4
I just baught a pair of polk r50's. They blew me away! Sound clearity is just amazing. I listened to bose infity and mtx before I bought these, none of those come close, maybe bose but still sound is clearer w/ polks. I'm totally in love w/ polk now!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
in love huh? want to buy my like-new condition cherry finish R50 speaker pair for $200 than? I bought a pair of Pinnacle Classic Gold Towers. the R50 sounds like crap compared to them.

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 11
What about the Polk Rt112's? Are they any good?

NO, LA

Post Number: 5
Well i'm no pro in home systems so I'm only saying what i have observed so far. Wouldn't you agree though that from your options at like circuit city Polk is the best? I definately think so, that's why i baught them!

NO, LA

Post Number: 6
Eksine, you really are comparing apples and oranges here. your Pinnacle Classic Gold Towers cost $800/pair my polk's were $200/pair. That's 4 times the price. Like I said before, for the price POLK is the SHIZNIT compared to everything I have listened to!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
the gold towers are not $800 a pair, maybe back in the year 2000 it was. they are only $200-300 used. you can't buy them new i dont think. i bought the R50 for $260 and the gold towers for $300 so pricewise it is a fair comparison. BTW how did you get the R50 for $200 a pair? i looked and $260+$50 shipping is the lowest price for a new pair. for $300 new the best speaker value would probably be the athena AS-F1

NO, LA

Post Number: 8
I got my polks at a local circuit city, they were having a sale buy one for $200 and get the second free so i jumped on it, cuz i wanted these for a while now. They hustled me into $50 per speaker 10year warranty with them, and now i realize, that i didn't really need, but oh well. I guess I was just so hyped to get them at that price that i slipped up a little there!

Bronze Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 16
What about the Polk Audio Rti12's, has anyone got info on them?

NO, LA

Post Number: 9
i wonder what's a good center channel for the polk r50 fronts. I'm thinking polk csi3 . Any comments.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Marius I have owned and return/ sold the polk CSi3 and polk CS400i. the cs400i has dual 6.5" woofers. the CSi5 is the replacement speaker of the CS400i from polk. I though the CSi3 was okay, but I wanted something better. I didn't feel it was worth $200 for the CSi3. the CS400i sounded much more clear and better overall, but because the woofer was made of paper it didn't have any low end puch. even the CSi3 had more bass.

after being dissatified with both I am going to get a pinnacle p5.5 center. In fact I am selling the CS400i right now on Ebay. I've been researching the pinnacle p5.5 center and from what i can tell it is amazing. Marius if you want to get one it's here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=5703520990&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

NO, LA

Post Number: 10
man you just love that pinnacle stuff! I read up on it and it seems like they really are an awesome speaker. WHat is it you didn't like about the polks? Was it the mid range, cuz i'm starting to notice that midrange is sort of weak, even though r50's have 2 drivers. And for certain music the base kind of doesn't seems to sound right, maybe I just need to add a center channel and that'll even things out. Thank's for your info on pinnacle though, i'll definately have to look into it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us