CD Player screen reads no disc

Marky Mark Marcus
Unregistered guest
I have a memorex 2extreme cd player and i put a disc in and push play and the cd player acts like its searching for aboput half a minute and then the screen reads no disc any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 616
dirty lens or busted cd player.

Unregistered guest
Hey

My CD player is experiencing almost exactly the same problem as above. Thing is, my system plays some CD's perfectly, yet others aren't recognized in the slightest way (or skip badly). The unrecognized CD's aren't CDR's, they are original copies.

Although, lately I have been using CDR's in my system, could these have damaged my system at all?

I almost forgot to mention that all the CD's that WON'T play in my system play in an another system of mine as well as other peoples flawlessly.

Hopefully, someone out there can come up with some answers for this, if so, thanx in advance!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle___berg

Post Number: 19
sounds like the lens focuser thingy is busted, does it make a clicking sound when trying to read your discs?

o

Unregistered guest
Yep, that's exactly what's goin' down. As I explained in my last post, this only occurs with SOME CD's and not others. It's as though the CD player is desperately looking for data on the discs. When it fails to do so, the 'clicking sound' then commences.

If the problem IS the 'lens focuser', what could have possibly caused it to become damaged?
What is generally the procedure of repairing it?
Is repairing it costly?

I almost forgot to mention that when the CD player hasn't been used for a while, the problem is much worse than when it is used on a more regular basis.

I hope you can answer some of my questions.

If so, thanx in advance :-)

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 398
Try to clean the lense with a 70% alcohol dipped Q-tip carefully.

You can also clean the non-playing CDs with water and baking powder tooth paste. Don't clean them in a circular fashion with a cloth. Just gently with the tooth paste and water.

If that doesn't work, you can take it to get it fixed with a new CD mechanism probably - but you could probably buy a better sounding one now like the Denon-Mission one, or the NAD L70, or even the Linn Classik (pricy but the best sounding mini on the market).

Unregistered guest
I eventually decided to get it repaired. U were 100% correct, the CD mechanism was completely busted.

Thanx a lot for ur advice guys :-)

Unregistered guest
My Denon DN2000 dual cd players won't play my cd-r's.I use to use Memorex & Maxell cd-r's w/ no problem; ever since I started using TDK cd-r's, my system plays them for a while then stops or doesn't read them @ all.I cleaned the Denon system w/ lens cleaner w/ no luck.Could it be that my TDK's are "crap" cd-r's or maybe my cd players are going bad? Please help me out! It's driving me NUTS!

Username: Wingnprayer

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
Same Prob as Marky Mark Marcus and FlyByNature, but...
My Magnavox 392C Mini Hi-Fi system reads "No Disc" much more often on dubbed discs such as those from a Speakers' Conference, less often on my store-bought music discs... But still often enough to be annoying.
There is no clicking noise, however.

Riparian
Unregistered guest
FlyBY Nature ...
how much did it cost for you to get yours repaireD? I'm hopeful i might be able to get an old boombox of mine fixed up. if it doesn't cost too much.

Thanx.

Unregistered guest
I had exactly the same problem with a JVC micro system in my caravan.

Kept coming up with a message reading 'no disc'. It wasn't worth fixing so, after reading the advice in here, I searched high and low for my cd cleaning fluid.

Couldn't find it so, after deciding the player was shot if it wasn't fixed, I used Jonny Walker Black Label Whiskey.

It now plays all discs - including cdr compilations!

Is there anything Jonny Walker can't fix!?

http://members.dodo.com.au/t8zzy2/

Username: J_train

I have a Sony Hi-Fi component system, model number HCD RX77. It keeps comming up with "NO DISC". Aside from being dirty could the laser be out of alignment due to moving it? If so how can I fix this?

Unregistered guest
People, I had a very funny problem. My SAMSUNG cassete+CD player does not play non-original CDs. I tried to burn on several different CD-Rs like TDK, Verbatim, Princo, Memorex..., used different CD burning software and that player tells me that there is no CD in the drive! But there is absolutely no problem with oriiginal Audio CDs. Can you please tell me what's wrong with that thing here?

Username: Empressjenf

how old is your samsung? many older cd players cannot read cd-r's. did anyone have their cd player repaired? if so, about how much was it? my phillips-magnavox cd player stopped in the middle of a song over a year ago. after that it always came up "no disc" for all cds. I was using sony cd-r's at the time, so I don't use them anymore just incase (plus I had other problems with them and I hate the sony company). I had an old rca stereo that I was using, but that kind of died this morning (it is over 10 years old). I'm planning to take apart my magnavox later today to look at the inside - hopefully its just really dirty or something because I really hate the look of new cd players and can't exactly afford one right now. my brother's rca also just stopped a few months ago. maybe they just aren't making them as good anymore.

Anonymous

Im Using SONY LBT-N555AVK,When I Insert CD-R Disc,It Says No Disc (But Sometime It Play But It Will Skip And Really Annoying),It Have No Problem With Original Disc,I Have Cleaned The Laser And Just Turning The Laser Motor,It Got Better But Still Skipping!!!

Jake Hansen
Unregistered guest
I have a Memorex M4221 that won't play cds anymore. I can hear the laser moving but the motor won't turn the cd.

Unregistered guest
my cd reads 00 which means no disc even though there is a disk.i had tried the original cd and th non-original ones but its still the same.

Username: Ilikecheese

I have a goodmans mini hifi surround sound and im having a problem with CD-R. it will play originals but when i go to play CD-R that i have burnt it will just ignore them and skip to a normal cd

Username: Kevin_k

Please help if you can, I make team announcement cds for the local high school, every one i burn plays perfect in any cd player home car whatever, but sometimes the school player will read no disk when inserted, and other times it will read and play fine, once it recognizes the cd it plays it perfect, is there anything i can try to remedy this issue before tonights game thanks so much

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 465
Greetings to the new folks, please note that answers to new questions tend to get answered a lot faster if a new thread is created to ask it in.

That being said I am wondering if you are encoding these recorded disc's in MP3 or CD format. I think you will have better luck if you record in CD mode.

Username: Jessamomof4

Brooks, Maine USA

I have an odd situation, My mother gave me a small boombox type CD/Cassette/AM/FM Radio that her mother gave her, its a few years old, but not ancient. everything works fine except that when you insert a disk it says No Disk... I tried to use a Lens cleaner (the audio CD things) and it played all the audio on that just fine, but tried a regular Audio CD again and ND came up on the display.

I mentioned this to my husband and he said he has the same problem with his Philips Magnavox 3 CD Changer so in order to listen to CDs we have to use our DVD player and use the Auxiliary option on the stereo

Any thoughts?

Jess

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 827
Greetings Jess,

By your description the problem must logically be the discs you are trying to play, either dirty or, if burned on a computer, the wrong format (MP3 for example) for the player to decode.

Username: Jessamomof4

Brooks, Maine USA

Post Number: 2
I have tried both burned CDs and original CDs and it previously belonged to my grandmother who I don't believe has any burned CDs and she had the same problem...

Same issues with hubbys stereo, no matter what type of CD you put in it, it doesn't work, except for the cleaning CD.

That's what threw me... If it was only with burned CDs or something then I would have just assumed that the player couldn't read them, as I used to have a CD player that couldnt read burned discs.

Username: Silence

Hi,
I just bought a 50 pack of Memorex CD's and the first one I used will not play on my CD player. It did make a jumping sound once. Any help?

Thanks,
Silence

Username: Nashiifmahjar

HI, i too make cd with imation cd-rw and it also does not play, it say nodisc and it will not play, so i am also have same problem as you fine people. could one of you nice friend help my situation with my problem pleases?

Post Number: 2
please, is anybody that is on here? i ask of you kind friends to aid me with my assistance of my problem. that would be rad if you could be kind friend to me thanks. I really want to play my imation brand cd-rw in my musicplayer but it say nodisc still and i have been trying for some minutes now!

Post Number: 3
instead of baking powder for clean can use curry? we do not get much baking powder as it is expensive here sorry for post again but i really need you kind friends help. thank you again kind friends.

Username: Uhubona

I have an older JVC 6 disc changer that is now being selective as to what cds it recognizes. 3doors down and bruce springsteen are no problem excellent, The Wall and ZZTop it wont even recognize there is a disc there. old player and old disc Im sure they have been played before on this changer. The discs play fine on my pc. Any Ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2271
The problem here guys is that any CD player will eventually lose its ability to read CDs. No offense to the OP or anyone, but cheap CDPs like a Memorex is not likely to last much beyond the warranty. I would suggest getting something a little more upscale if it's within your budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us