PSB 6T and Sub 6i or Klipsch RF-7?

Bronze Member
Username: Phenolite

Post Number: 11
Well, first off, I am purchasing NAD separates (stereo). I auditioned them a few times and I love them more and more.

Second, I was strongly considering the RF-7's by Klipsch yesterday but then a salesman at a different store told me I could get 6T's, and a sub for less.

I listened to the 6T's (again, that is) with the SubSonic 6i (12" bad-motha-shut yo mouth). To be honest, I really enjoyed the sound. It will be a stereo system but i watched a bit of the matrix anyway, because about half of my time is gonna be spent watchin movies, but i dont' want a HT, just real nice Stereo (current residence is not good for HT).

I like the klipsch for their bass delivery, but they are kinda bright all the time. where the PSB's are bright when they need to be. I like the fact that the PSB's do not weigh a ton either, so i can move them easily.

Overall, I am at a loss here. I like both speakers alot, but for LESS than what the RF-7's cost, I can get a pair of 6T's and a 12" sub...

thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 101
It's good to see we have yet another NAD fan. You'll find NAD very reliable and the stuff sounds great. Klipsh speakers seem to have a love/hate relationship with consumers. Some view them as mass market junk, and others swear by the horn loaded design etc. If you go with the PSB's, keep in mind PSB just upgraded the IMAGE line. So if you are auditioning the original IMAGE models, clearance prices are in order. And to have PSB's that you think perform as well as Klipsh, PLUS with the PSB's you get a sub for less money - I'd think the choice is clear.

swampcat
Unregistered guest
I'm A klipsch fan but it really sounds like you like the PSB's better .The klipsch is bright and will always be so. Go with the PSB.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us