Is there a "poll" function here?

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 327
With the "NAD reliability" issue still being debated, I got to thinking. I also frequent an online photography forum, and that forum has the capability to conduct polls of the users. If you want to take a look at what I am talking about, see this link. http://photography-on-the.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31264 Polls are only open to registered users as to prevent repeat votes. I realize that this would definately not solve the issue once and for all, but it seems like it might be interesting to see how many people on the forum have had good/bad experiences with NAD products. If there is a webmaster that reads this thread, is there a way to do something similar with this forum? This would obviously be useful for other topics as well.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 309
Johnny

Great idea. why not put it in suggestions and feedback. It can certainly be done.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 184
The polling is a function in the BBS software, and it is quite hard to add if it isn't there already. Easiest way is to change the whole software, but I dont think eCoustics is really interested in that.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 312
Not so I believe. I've seem many polls added to websites with javascript. It may require users to logon only once if it is difficult to tie in with the existing membership database.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 80
There is not a polling feature integrated in our discussion software at this time. However, we do have polling software available.

Please let me know the exact items you want to poll and I will try to implement a workaround.

Silver Member

Missouri

Post Number: 328
I am open to suggestions as to what might be polled. I was thinking of something similar to the poll created in the link above. Something like:

Option 1: "Have had NO problems with your NAD receiver"

Option 2: "Have had my NAD receiver in for repairs once, now it works fine"

Option 3: "Have had my NAD receiver in for repairs twice, now it works fine"

Option 4: "Have had my NAD receiver in for repairs more than twice, now it works fine"

Option 5: "Bought NAD and have abandoned it due to quality issues"

If anyone has any better way to set up the poll, please interject!!

Admin,

This is purely for personal interest...if it is a huge undertaking to implement the poll, please disregard my request.

Bronze Member
Username: Sfox7076

Post Number: 14
I think you need an option for had an issue, but solved it myself. That or there was failure, not a problem. Some people have "problems" programing their VCR's, but it isn't something that requires repairs...

Silver Member

Missouri

Post Number: 329
Shawn,

Great suggestion!! Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us