"Reverb" problem?

Username: Atucker

Post Number: 2
I have a Marantz PM7200 Receiver. Yesterday, I got a new Samsung DVD player (upconverting to 1080)and ran the HDMI cable from the DVD player to the TV (A Samsung HLR4667 DLP Projection TV).

Here's the problem: If I run cables to the reciever (CD or Aux 1 or 2), I get a "Reverb" or delay effect with the sound. This only happens with the TV sound and Reciever sound both on at the same time. If I listen to either one separate, there is no delay, and the sound synchs up with the TV screen.

This is true no matter how I run the cables (directly from the DVD to the reciever, or DVD to TV, then TV to reciever).

I'm stumped...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11879

Well, reverb and delay are two entirely different things. I assume you have a lip-synch problem. You'll need to read your owner's manual looking for something along the order of "lip-synch adjustment" or "speaker delay". Some receivers have this feature and some don't.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 888
Allen, let me see if I got what your saying. You run an HDMI cable which is VIDEO and AUDIO in one cable from your DVD player to your TV. Then from your DVD player, u now run an audio cable to your A/V receiver? Does the delay in audio at the A/V end only happen when the TV is selected on the HDMI signal from the DVD player? Do yourself a favour, turn the audio setting on your TV to OFF. Now your HDMI from the DVD is only being used as video, now run a Optical or Digital Coax cable from the DVD player to your Marantz. Boom done, surround, great picture, no delay.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 953
Why would you want the TV sound to interfere with your speaker sound?

Do what Nick said. TV speakers sound different than what your speakers from the receiver will sound like. It is most likely this difference and the direction that the sounds are hitting you from that you are hearing.

Do what Nick said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us