Turntable picking up radio signal??!! Help please

Username: Joystik

Post Number: 1
Turntable picking up radio signal??!! Help please

Hey everyone,

I currently own a Numark TT1650, which is connected to Behringer PP400 pre amp and then to a Konnekt 24D audio interface.

I originally wasn't able to hear any audio when I first connected my turntable to my audio interface, which is why I bought the Pre-amp. From that point I had a big problem with hum and have since grounded the TT but now I've noticed I'm picking up radio signals, sometimes two stations at once. The radio signal is very loud, in most cases overpowering the record I'm trying to listen to.

Does anyone know how to eliminate the radio signal and/or what may be causing this? Any help at all is appreciated, completely lost on this one. Thanks in advanced. Marvin

Username: Cooltech

Post Number: 6
Thats so wierd.Do you have any type of tuner near by that maybe interfearing it somehow.

Post Number: 2
My AV receiver is quite near the TT. My first thought was that it might be that, which is causing the problem. I moved the turntable a little but not much to see if I'd experience a change but nothing happened.

Do you think I was to move the TT about a metre or two from where it is now it will help?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9402
MH, wrap your ground through a ferrite ring a few times.

Post Number: 3
thanks Nuck. I had no idea what a ferrite ring was, but that's what google is for i guess. Bought a pack of them today, i'll let you know what happens. Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us