Dynaudio 52's

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 206
Just wondering are these really as good as i'm hearing. I looking either buying a pair new or demo pair if the price is right. will a parasound 2125 be able to do them justice? I'm using a hk3380 presently prob will go for either the nad c352 or the creek evo which are both in my budget for a new amp Does creek and dynaudio pair ok?

oh my operas will soon arrive so i'll prob test them out with the hk while its still here before it goes bon voyage

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2569
I like Dynaudio 52s very much. They have a very big presence and bass presentation. However, they don't suffer poor electronics. They need a good feed because they have few weaknesses of their own. If the amp can't drive them properly, they'll show it up with a fat bass or piercing treble (depends on the amp). The C352 is the minimum that would have enough power to do them justice, but I wonder if there's enough quality there. The larger Creek is probably in the right ballpark although I haven't heard it as a combination myself. The fact is the larger Creek copes well with EPOS speakers which have a similar expectation of electronics to the 52s so that's why I think it should work.

Naim is a good match too. Any Naim from a Nait5i can drive 52s.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 210
thanks frank, when you say larger creek are you meaning the destiny? thats a little outta my range. Naim like rega is nice but little to outta my reach. What i was considering was getting medium to price intamp with nice synery with the 52's. Later adding a parasound 2125 or A23 which will help them really come to life

Bronze Member
Username: Arien

Post Number: 37
Hi, I agree with frank, the soundstage is exceptional and the bass is really impressive. I was using C352 to drive them, it was just okay but not enough to bring the best out of the dyns....then I sold the C352 and bought the more powerful C272, the difference was huge, the dyns sings, but it was the Krell KAV150 that satisfies me...

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 211
Well i just got my Opera mezza still breaking them in but they sound real nice will write a mini review later. Just wondering when you guys talk about the bass on the 52's will it rival the not the quality since i'm sure its far better quality bass tigher cleaner for sure. But will i get anywhere close to the output i'll get with a speaker like the lsi9's?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2572
Chico,

In part it depends on what you drive them with. Something like a 372 is only good enough in the power department - it's not really got the fidelity (with respect to Arien) that can really exploit 52s in every way. For that you need better quality.

I don't think you need to go all the way to the Destiny. You should get good results with the 5350SE or even the Evolution although I have not heard them with the 52s. The fact is that Creek's amps have to drive their EPOS speakers and those are fairly difficult to drive in general.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 213
Two additional questions, the have you frank or anyone for that matter compared the 52's with the Epos 12.2? Also i was reading a review on the 52's in Whathifi is a little older but i thought they were in real wood veneer. The reviews I was reading mention several times vinyl wrap? Arent they in real wood, or were the newer models upgraded to a better finish. Just wondering
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us