Misc:

Bronze Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 55
Well, I'm a believer now. I've was looking for a power amp to replace a reasonable Rotel.....
That was until I unplugged it from the Power Conditioner!
I KNOW....you guys said it, but I had good results with my old Cube plugged into the same conditioner.
I think the difference was in power supply of the amp. Yep, the Rotel woke up nicely and drives the new Maggies fairly well, even improving the bass end of things.
The next step will be to get an electrician out to drop me a circuit just for the stereo/TV. I think this will be more for peace of mind than actual performance.

Just for reference, I went and listened to a Krell Integrated. It was hooked up to some up-line Maggies as is my preference, and while it sounded good.......the Ayre CD player is a true megabuck unit, the Krell ran hot. Too hot, so that after about 1/2 hour and nothing radical, I gave up.
A couple hours at my house in the summer and that would be the end of Mr. Krell.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 802
Leo, I forgot about that upgrade. Im going to try that again tomorrow on my lunch when I can really crank the system. Thanks for bringing it up.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 895
NMyTree convinced me to unplug my Rogue pre-amp from the line conditioner. It did wonders for my sound as well. I only have the source plugged into the line conditioner now.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11796

Everything is on sale when it isn't in stock and you're not buyin'.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11797

How'd that end up here?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 420
I thought you were replying to every post with that line tonight... LOL

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9311
You are skipping, JV. Adjust your arm.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11799

It's the tracking weight that's off, not the anti-skate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us