Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2309
...and the configuration of the wire...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9312
...and the amount of power running through the circuit...

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2311
...and the type of connectors on the speakers and amp...

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 1550
...and let's not forget, the length of the run. Oh, I already said that?

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2313
...you forgot the "..." in the begining and end of your sentence to keep the chain going...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1551

Gold Member

Post Number: 9317
...and the direction of the arrows on the wire insulation...

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2564
...or the direction of the wording...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9324
...tahw gninaem...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1565
...and the quality of the velvet-lined wood-box they come in...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9330
...and the velvet lined box that is your head...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1567
...and your interpretation of Nuck's last post, whaaaaa?...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9332
...the velvet inside your head is where the music lives. It could be Elvis on velvet, crying clowns on velvet, or dogs playing poker on velvet. Each one drives a rememberence of music inside your head...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9333
...the doctor will see you now...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1569
...this just in, don't eat the brown acid...

Username: Stmarie151

Post Number: 7
simple questioni asked... just a guideline woulda been nice nerds. f*ck you americans really have no lives.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1588
Yeah, but we know what gauge wire to use and we ain't telling.

Be smart & never come back to this board.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1750
simple questioni asked... just a guideline woulda been nice nerds. f*ck you americans really have no lives.

That's why someone invented hifi.

16 awg or better will suffice. The type will depend on your wallet and ears.

But go get a sense of humour first.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11362
"simple questioni asked... just a guideline woulda been nice nerds. f*ck you americans really have no lives."

Upload

That made my day.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9361
Nice, Evrybody needs a little humor in their lives.
I raise a toast to the people with a little sense of humour.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 574
I've refrained from adding my $0.02 here, Don.
You need help.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 904
Come on, give Don a break, having to live with a girls name and all...

Post Number: 8
shouldn't u be bangin ur sister right now texas

Gold Member

Post Number: 9365
Don may actually be Buffy St Marie.
Trivia time.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1754
Hey Donnie & Marie, we said get sense of humour - what is it you got - Attention deficit Syndrome?

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 119
Lighten up Don. Going from asking a question to FU seems a tad drastic don't you think ? Try again, and if all else fails check out the Accessories section, or scroll down in the Speakers threads for lots of interesting historical discussions on that topic. Just get a bag of popcorn and settle in.....but no butter on that popcorn....your blood pressure seems a bit high.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1590
Now Don,

I remember warmly welcoming you to the board & asking you for your impressions of those CLS-215, and this is what I get?

Now I'm mad, so tell me from which soon-to-be-burqa-wearing country you hale from so that I can come there and piss on your flag & shove my foot up your @ss, but I suspect you & your countrymen are already into that kind of stuff.

P.S. You are not allowed to ever listen to, watch, eat, drink, or compute on anything American or you are the mother f'ing hypocrite.

Merry Christmas Troll!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9367
I only hope he ain't Canadian.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9370
Oh and way to go on pissingoff the friendliest and most helpful bunch of people on the web.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 120
I only hope he ain't Canadian.

I dunno Nuck, he could be from Sault Ste. Marie.

CM, now don't be goin' all postal on us. Don's probably not a bad sort. He just took the responses the wrong way and got his feathers all in a bunch. Short fuse you know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1593
Actually I think he is a very "bad sort"; he's a bomb-thrower, a troll, the sort that feels brave through the anonymity of the net, but I guaran-f'ing-tee has never and would never say the things uttered to an actual American, let alone a Texan.

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 909
Maybe she like her friends in sub-woofers better, where her post went ignored...

Post Number: 9
haha u americans are the biggest pus*ies bad beer bad parties only fights with guns. i can pull the trigger to eh boys.haha have to put the canadian patch on ur bookbags when u visit other countries so u don;t get killed. yeah baseball thats a tough sport. worried about everyone elese getting nucs when ur the only country to ever use a nuc to kill someone. hey why don;t u guys get ur heads outta ur as*es. i really enjoyed the president on that previous post wuts he got an IQ of about 50?? hey come up here and we'll show u boys how to really party. on behalf of everyone in the world except 300 million......fu*k you

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 144
Damn it....he's Canadian, or maybe Greenlander?

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
coward

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5703
Anyone know what language he's speaking. Make for a great anthropological study I suppose.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1595
I think it's Esperanto-Ebonics.

The big puss is very brave, isn't he?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11411
Again. From the dumb for the dumb..........

Upload

Does it need an explanation?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1596
Hey Sissy,

You forget the other moveon.org/internationalist workers party talking points.

Japs sink our ships, we roast 2-Jap cities & lay waste to the two-largest armies in world at the same time; that's how we roll (did I just say roll???). I suspect your ancestors were goosestepping their way cushy positions in the Vichy government on or about the same time comrade.

Now I can't expect a foreign simpleton like yourself you appreciate a great game like baseball, but how dare you insult American beer!

Tell me where you live, so I can drag you & your whore of a mother to my great country to clean my toilet you sorry f uck.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 507
I think velvet might be a bit too classy for this one. Lets just use brick.

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 508
Nuck, I think he might be though. There are a few left I fear!
Yeah, Yeah, f u Yankee!

Been there, heard it.

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 571
WOW!!!!! AT EASE GENTLEMEN!!!!!!!

Any way FWIW and to get this ugly thread back on track. I recently purchased an HDTV so I of course had to break my stand down and dust everything off including speaker wire and interconnects. I went from the thick 10AWG rope back up to 12AWG Monster Navajo white. Perhaps I'll use the 10 gauge when I get that 150lb. Aragon amp someday so that a current on the scale of the Mississippi river can be sent to the speakers.In this neck of the woods I know some loathe Monster but strangely it does sound better. Must be the construction. So there you have your answer. 12AWG should be heavy enough for any domestic application. Hmmmmm. Didn't Ian McMasters say the same thing once in his famous questions and answers column?

A word of warning. NEVER piss off a New Yorker. NEVER,NEVER piss off a Southerner and NEVER,NEVER,NEVER piss off a Texan.

ER

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1757
It's disappointing to see some here stooping to the same lows that this troll has been.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1597
Sorry to disappoint MR (I asssume you are talking to me), but you can't expect me to sit still while this pr!ck insults our beer.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5706
Unfortunately I have to agree that this one has reached all time lows for the Home Audio area. I expect this over at Car Audio.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11425
At least not as bad as the sat section.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9395
How about just let it die and stop the hate and pain?

Post Number: 10
haha well wut did u expect ur beer is horrible. oh and for that guy who wants to know where i live...its in in saskatchewan i seriously would love to see you come up here and survive a couple parties and no im not a dam farmer haha by the way ive been to a couple new york higschool parties when i just graduated in 2005.some weak as* parties and some weak as* drinkers i seen guys puking after a 6 pack....never see that up here boys. and yeah they sunk your ships but they were soilders not citizens like what you guys did to hiroshima and nagasaki. but hey in all honesty i am judging a whole country which is not fair but hey anyone up for the challenge come up and party with the sask boys and we will see how you do.....im not going to be coward and just type over the internet like some nerd so please give me a call at 1 306 898-2039 and we'll discuss a few things. this is really not a joke

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 438
Your posts would be more effective if you used punctuation and grammar.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
haha you sound like a guy who likes di*ks in his as*

Gold Member

Post Number: 1610
Upload

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 918
Damn CM, are you sure you have that dialed in?

I thought sure there would be rows of double wides.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 838
lol good ol Saskatchewan...land of the....well....flat land...and...boring? I was there twice for Canadians. Not much to do there. Nice fields though.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 439
Shame he's Canadian. Makes the rest of us look bad. I assure you we're not all illiterate, hostile miscreants.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5718
Just as I would hope all Americans wouldn't be judged by the deeds of one person I would not judge Canadians or anyone else based on one persons poor behavior.

I'm quite sure Saskatchewan is a fine place and is the breadbasket of Canada. And BTW there ain't nothin' wrong with livin' in a double wide if that's what you can afford.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1611
I never met a Canadian I didn't like till now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9400
Doh!

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 919
Art, please get off of your soap box already. It's like you take every opportunity to poke back at what someone says. Folks that act the fool like we have here in my experience act like trailer trash. My referencing that is consistent with how our young friend is behaving.

You do not need to identify with or police every comment made on this forum. This has nothing to do with what someone can afford and you know it.

Low lifes are low lifes no matter where they live. It is in the rearing not the address.

Life is too short for me to wrap myself up in political correctness 7 X 24. If someone doesn't care for who I am they have the right to move on and they also have the right of letting me know. It is a free country, USA that is. So yes Art you have the right to your comments. It just gets old after a while.

Ok, I'm done. Thank you.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1761
"All you need is a tent if you've got love"

Okay - little competition: who said that and where?

No prizes, just an attaboy/girl from me

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
Lol.....nice work, Molloy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 841
Amazing, how we argue over beer and the president.lol.

Don st Marie- If all Americans are considered "dumb rednecks" because of one moron in the White House, then I guess all of us Canadians are money laundering, tax raping, thieve, deal making whores. I mean...if all of us represent how our government is.

Beer is beer, besides us audiophiles are scotch drinkers anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Scorpio1

Post Number: 24
I must say I prefer Vodka....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Sorry, I can't claim to be an audiophile, but I still like Vodka.

Silver Member

Post Number: 842
lol ah yes, another good choice Ed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
This thread made my night. Might as well have a shot before I turn in.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5719
Mike you have a right to your comments as well and I have a right to not care what you think. I will continue to call it as I see it. If you don't like it I recommend you find another home. I have remained respectful to you Mike and it doesn't matter if you reciprocate.

My Mother and I lived in a trailer for several years after my parents divorce...I recommend you quit your stereotyping BS and grow up. What is it they say about folks in Texas Mike....I don't believe everything I read or hear do you. Thanks for taking it to another level and attacking one of us Mike...hope you're proud.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5720
Alright, sorry for retaliatory rant Mike. Look, it's like this I hate PC more than anyone you will ever know. However I do have a deep commitment to diversity that isn't just skin deep and I don't believe that it ends at the door when I leave work. It has to be part of everything I am or it means nothing. That's why I will contnue to say it how I see it and I will just have to recognize that some of you won't like it...just the way it is I guess. Still friends I hope.

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1762
I must agree that this world of PC leaves me cold - they're even sacking Santas here for saying "HO! HO! HO!" Can you believe such nonsense? Yet, there is token censorship on tv and video rentals. It's all double standards and so hypocritical.

Now, can anyone answer my question?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
What was your question ???

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 345
Who did Santa call a HO?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5722
Folks who are involved in Diversity work have come to understand that the single most destructive element of the work is the political correctness movement initiated in the early 90's.

I expressed to Nuck on the phone at least once how much I disdain PC. He knows because he has heard how I speak (not just typed words on a screen) that I'm about as un PC as you get.

Keep in mind however that there is a huge difference between asking questions relative the meaning of someone's comments and/or stating how you feel about language that may be offenive and emptily running about calling folks on every negative catch phrase and word just for the sake of it. I believe that the antithesis of political correctness is feeling free to ask questions and making clarifying comments that would have otherwise been considered taboo. No one is ever going to be comfortable answering questions about the language thay use, that's a given. However, if they come know it comes from a genuine place it seems to ameliorate the impact. That is one of the pitfalls of communicating online, we are not able to draw the full meaning of folks words from the screen because it comes sans all of that other important commuication that is non verbal but expresses as much if not more than the words we speak.

Nuff said on that subject....I hope!

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1765
What was your question ???

The line I typed in my previous post with a question mark on the end.

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 921
Of course still friends Art. It was not my attention to attack you but to let you know what I thought about what I felt were snipings. I was probably more thinking about a seperate thread where another member felt the need to apologize for something you called him on. When you expressed yourself on my comment I suppose I was reacting to the other post in that I did not see where the person meant to slur a class of people.

As you know I have stood on the same side of the line as you when I sensed that someone stating "I find that personally offensive" has been ignored.

Enough said, conciliatory is my intention with this post. Time to move on.

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 922
M.R. Besides you, I have not a clue who said that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1612
"Beer is beer"

I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong.

American beer should not be synomonous with Budweiser & variants thereof; today American brewing is perhaps THE most diverse brewing industry in the whole world. Besides the oft belittled, but very difficult style to brew, American (Budweiser-style) lager, there are Ales, Porters, Stouts, Weisse, and every other style of beer imaginable brewed here today, most of extraordinary quality.

All one need do is to sample some of the arsenal of beers brewed by the likes of The Boston Beer Co. or Sierra Nevada to appreciate what it is I'm saying.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5724
Thanks for the clarification Mike.

Now onto beer......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1613
OK Art, what's your favorite beer?

Currently, my favorite beer is Bengali Tiger IPA from Six Point Craft Ales http://www.sixpointcraftales.com/ , from right in my own back yard. It's SUPER-HOPPED and utterly delicious.

http://www.beerbasics.com/Brewpubs%20Plus/Six%20Points%20Craft%20Ales.htm

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1766
M.R. Besides you, I have not a clue who said that.

Looks like a music trivia quiz thread is in order.

Silver Member

Post Number: 583
Set it up, MR

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5726
Oh lord Christopher...I like so many that I can't even narrow it down. Right now I'm enjoying a seasonal ale from New Belgium called 2 Below...I love their Fat Tire ale as well. I like Fire Station, Deschutes, Rogue (most varieties from each of those brewers). Good stuff...!

Silver Member

Post Number: 845
"Beer is beer"

I'm sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong.

Oh really?lol. I know Chris, it was a joke. Last time I was in Green Bay for the NAFA World Jr's in fastball for a week. I was surprised to see that the beer at the beer store was mainly in skinny cans. Very cold, tasted good, slightly watered down, and only about 3.5 to 4.5 percent alcohol. Now, this could have been just shitty beer our team was getting. I have heard of Tiger IPA but not Fat Tire or New Belgium. What are the percentage on them? And do they come in a bottle?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9403
remember that US alcohol content is measured by mass, Others by volume. Alcohol is lighter than the rest of the beer, thus same alcohol content.

And for THIS I went to college?!?

Won't my Mom be proud?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5727
Nick....please man....who drinks beer from a can!

Percentage alcohol...hmm hadn't even thought of it, let's see....just sec....damn it sucks being blind...here let me turn the light on...6.6% on the 2 Below. Portland is the microbrew capitol of the world and all of Oregon takes pride in having a wide variety of local and regional offerings. New Belgium is a actually not a local or regional but a Fort Collins, Colorado brewer. That's about as far away from Oregon a brew as I will drink.

Deschutes and Rogue make some of my favorites...

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/default.aspx

http://www.rogue.com/

Then there is the local guys, here's one...

http://www.calapooiabrewing.com/blog/

and ofcourse Portland....

http://www.oregonbeer.org/mapport.html

Geez bringing up that list remided me of another of my favorites, Full Sail.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1614
I've been enjoying these all afternoon http://www.bluepointbrewing.com/images/winterale.jpg

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5728
Around here there ain't nuthin' like the good seasonal varietals....mmmmmm!

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 348
On an international travel forum I visit, you often read ignorant comments from Brits, Europeans and Aussies who think they know American beer. Hah! If they went online and looked at the world beer tasting competitions they would know better. You would expect a North American to know.

I went to a huge beer tasking event in Portland, OR. You might call it an endurance contest! It is amazing how many craft beers there are in the Pacific NW.

Last time I was in California and Oregon, I visited the Sierra Nevada Brewery, then a favorite, Rogue in Newport, OR, and the Pelican Brew from Pacific City, OR, which has won too many awards to name: http://www.pelicanbrewery.com/pages/awards.html
The Deschutes Brewing, near Bend, OR, another favorite.
Don't forget Full Sail, from Hood River, OR, Ten Gold Medals for its trademark Amber Ale at the World Beer Championships and a Bronze Medal for its newly released lager.
One great sweet one, only on tap, is Mac and Jack- Redmond (Seattle), WA
Surprisingly, up with the best anywhere is our little local brewery in Fox, Alaska. (population 300!) Silver Gulch Brewery: http://www.ptialaska.net/~gbrady/pages/main.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1615
Anyone ever try Old Fezziwig Ale http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/1881/?

It has some very odd Christmasy spices, it is my favorite beer by a long shot, but I look forward to it this time of year, the bad thing is thing is it's only available as part of a seasonal variety pack.

Another goodie this time of year is Brooklyn Monster Ale http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/2231/ , and at almost 12% alcohol, it will knock you on your behind in no time flat.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 349
If only we could describe sound as mellifluously as those guys do with beer at the Beer Advocate, eh?

Describing a Deschutes beer,
"....an aroma that you definitely don't get with dried hops. Glowing tawny hue with a mild chill haze that disappears after the brew warms up a little. Good frothing rocky head with a very sticky lace. Very aromatic with citric juicy overtones; Clementines and mandarin oranges come to mind with a hint of rind as well. Moderate body with a semi-smooth mouth feel. Oily fresh hop character with mild citric, faint pine and a wild floral tone in the back. Hop bitterness is not sharp at all but pleasant with a balancing character. Pale malt flavor has biscuity and bready flavors throughout. Hint of fruitiness with a drying woody character from the hops in the middle. Fresh herbs and edible flowers in the semi-dry hop saturated finish..."

Gold Member

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2338
I'm not a big Old Fezziwig fan, sorry.

The Northeast has some great breweries too, Art. Cooperstown, Red Hook, Harpoon, Otter Creek, Brooklyn, McSorley's... I could go on and on.

If you're ever in Cooperstown, NY visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame, the Cooperstown Brewing Company is a must stop. It's not a pub, just an old school Mom and Pop brewery. Every beer is superb - Strikeout Stout, Benchwarmer Porter (my favorite), Old Slugger Pale Ale (my other favorite and most popular), Nine Man Ale, and a few more that escape my memory.

http://www.cooperstownbrewing.com/beer.htm

The West has some very good ones too. I used to like Rogue, but my tastes have changed somewhat over the years. A little too hoppy for my tastes. The second most difficult beer (in a good way) I've tried to drink was Rogue's Russian Imperial Stout. That was a meal and a half. The most difficult? Sam Adams Triple Bock.

I'm a huge fan of the Anchor Brewery and Sierra Nevada. Can't go wrong with anything from their lines.

Never cared much for the Belgian Ales.

My favorites are usually the Irish stouts. While Guinness is very good, it seems to me like the Budweiser of Irish stout. Beamish and Murphy's wipe the floor with it IMO.

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 925
I tend to like unfiltered wheat beers.

Coors makes Blue Moon and another one just out called Full Moon.

Recently had another Colorado beer I enjoyed by Avery called White Rascal.

Rogue Dead Man's Ale is one of my favorites as well.

However, in respect to the waistline, these beers are "treats". I generally drink Miller Lite, Scotch or Tequila, both up or on the rocks. My latest is the Macallan 15 Year Old Fine Oak Cask or Don Julio 1942. Both are excellent for sipping.

I get the 1942 about once a year, holiday treat!

Gold Member

Australia

Post Number: 1767
Okay Kevin, I'm an ignorant Aussie when it comes to US beer, but it still can't hold a 'handle' to ours LOL! It just can't. I mean, take away our beer making prowess and what else do we have?

As Croc Dundee (as silly as he is) would say: "You call that a beer?"

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 350
I did not say there were very many people from these places who are ignorant of US beers. Just that every time there is a 'good beer' thread one or two show up :-)

Great wine from Australia for sure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1616
Mike, that's funny, I opened a bottle on Thanksgiving of that 15-yr. Macallan "Cask Strength" (are we talking about the same bottle?) after having held on to it for a a year or two, and I must say I was seriously disappointed. It was perhaps the hardest drinking scotch I have ever experienced, with no peat/smoke character, something I savor in a scotch. It just wasn't for me.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 442
Back to beer for a moment, anyone tried this?

http://beerblog.genx40.com/archives/2005/march/sgtmajoripa

Gold Member

Post Number: 1617
Sorry, I meant to type that Old Fezziwig is NOT my favorite beer by a long shot, but I still look forward to it, it's odd, kind of like some weird hoilday fruit cake.

Maybe I just like a beer called Fezziwig?

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5730
I love my beer and ale Mike but I drink scotch far more often. In fact I drink wine about as often as beer. The Willamette Valley has some great wineries. Ain't life grand!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1618
That does look good Dave.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1619
"The Willamette Valley has some great wineries."

...and some wonderful hop growers too.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 31
I know this is off topic, but I would like to ask anyway. Given my System setup with the Focal 807V's, would you fellas,

1. Add subwoofer for low end,
2. Traade up to 816V floorstander,
3. Place money into Rega CD player.

Leaning toward option 3, but wondering what you gents feel would make more music and dollar sense. Thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11508
Hard to believe this started out as a wire gauge thread.

Upload

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5731
Ed this is a drinking thread, take your audio elsewhere....lol!

Source first....get a good cd player. If you think you absolutely can't live with the bass then buy the floorstander. Last place comes the sub...your mileage may vary...

Guys did I mention how important good coffee is here in the Northwest...try Allann Bros. And yes Christopher we do have great hop growers. Stu I'd like to try some of those beers but I won't make it to Cooperstown until I like baseball (that's never), I'm a football and basketball guy.

Foster's anyone!

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 32
Thanks Art, guess I will have to come out to Oregaon and buy you a good ole Corona if that's not beneath you.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5732
Corona and lime...I can do that.

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 926
Art, You don't have to go all the way to Cooperstown. Pyramid Brewing Co. has an ale called Curve Ball. I still have a couple bottles in my fridge.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9407
I am on my way!

Don't think I won't, y'all know better!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5736
We have Pyramid here...I'll have to try it.

Silver Member

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 352
Red Hook- Seattle Beer. Pyramid also WA state. Good but I think Oregon has the edge.
Seattle's Pike Place Brew from the downtown market of that name is good but it is so strange that I always see the not best (IMHO) ones "exported". Maybe they keep the best flavors for local consumption.
When I was working in Oregon, I bought 2 cases of Rogue Honey Cream Ale one time! Just for treets, hah.
Heck, in Oregon they even sell 'home brew' in the store! Hair of the Dog. Anyone who has had home made beer would recognize it.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5737
Beer and coffee...it's a northwest thing!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us