Pioneer VSX-1017TXV-K humming problem

Username: Spacemetal

Post Number: 1
I bought a Pioneer VSX-1017TXV-K a couple of weeks ago and since last week I have a hum in the speakers. I disconnected everything and tried it on every outlet in the house and the hum stays. I bought a surge protector from monster and that did not solve the problem. When i disconnected everything and only had one speaker connected to it (no sub) it still hums. I am really desperate. Please help!!!

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 764
If you only bought it 2 weeks ago, take it back to the store. Or was it purchased off ebay or something? If it was bought from a box store then exchange it right away for a new one.

Username: Spacemetal

Post Number: 2
So you think it is a defect with the receiver? I bought it about a month and a half ago and it started two weeks ago with the hum noise. And like i said without anything connected only one speaker it makes a hum sound. When i turn the volume up the hum noise is going up too in volume

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 769
Yeah, I would say it is defective. With ground loops, if you were to unplug everything from the unit, the humming should stop. I would get it replaced Johan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us