Kenwood 103AR receiver , weird "Bzz..."??

Username: Ayashifx55

Post Number: 1
Hi guys, i'm new in this forum, i really need help ... I suddently noticed a problem with this receiver, i've been using it for few years already, never gave me any problems. Today, when i got a newer tv, i realised something weird.

First, when i select video (I had Video for tv as input audio) and that my TV is actually on, it makes weird "Bzzz..." noise , non-stop , constant if my volume is set higher to 25 (Which is VERY low i find)

Second, when i select CD (I had CD for the computer desktop as input audio) and even my computer is turned off,i get the same "bzzz" sound starting from the same amount of volume.

By disconnecting the plug of my DVD player, VHS player from the same power board. I realise i can now increase the volume a little more but i still get the "Bzzz..." just at around 35-40 but when i plug back the DVD and VHS , i get a extremely loud BZZ. The more volume i increase, the louder bzz i would hear...

Please help me guys. Thanks for your time for reading, really appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 717
Ground Loop somewhere perhaps. What happens when you unplug everything, except for the receiver? Do you have an extension cable you can run to the receiver, trying a different power outlet. But first unplug everything from the back, except for the speaker cables, and turn it up. What to you get then?

Username: Ayashifx55

Post Number: 2
Hi , thanks for the fast reply. I found out that, whenever the Receiver is able to produce sound from Inputs, it makes the weird "Bzz" noise. Like, if Video is selected and TV is turned on , the noise will be made. When everything is unplugged, then i get nothing. Even though the receiver is plugged away from the power board,it still makes noise. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us