New Home Theater.....need opinions of u experts...

Username: Doc301

Post Number: 1
HI there....

I'm currently working on getting my home theater together. I've so far compiled the following equipment....Wanted to see if you audiophiles have any pros/cons regarding the system before I break my bank account.

Integra 8.8 receiver
JAMO C807 fronts, Jamo sub650, Jamo SU 631K4 inwall Kevlar for surrounds, Jamo SU6.521K4 3 way Dipole for surrounds in the ceiling, Jamo 626K4 for center channel

Harmony 1000 remote to automate the whole system

Furman Elite 15PFi power conditioner

Mitsubishi HC6000BL 1080P projector
Vutec 103" screen

Is this a nice package? Or should I change the receiver and go with Marantz? Sony? Yamaha? Denon?

Also, anyone have any info/reviews on Klipsch RVX & RSX home theater system if they will be better than the Jamo?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 714
"Is this a nice package? Or should I change the receiver and go with Marantz? Sony? Yamaha? Denon?"

Hell no, stick with the Integra. Alternatives to the Integra would be, NAD, Rotel, Arcam, B&K. But from what I read, the Itegra is a nice receiver.

I like your remote, I like your power conditioner and I hear good things about your speakers, and your projector is a goody. Sounds like its going to be a nice setup. Congrats.

Oh, what is your source going to be, dont get a crap DVD player.

Username: Doc301

Post Number: 2
LG DVD player....plays HD & BLu-RAy an d upconverts the standard dvd to 1080i....

Sounds good?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 716
Yeah, that would do just fine. Thats the safe way. Im a blu-ray believer and feel it will win. Just my opinion. But you can now buy a separate blu ray player and separate HD Dvd player for the same price as the LG Combo, and get better performance by doing so. Just a thought. But having just one piece of equipment that can do both is tempting.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us