MARANTZ SR7500 Problem?

Username: Tbb

Post Number: 1
Hello All,

I ve been using my home theatre system composed of marantz sr7500 , focal 826s, focal sw 700,focal cc 700 and focal 705s for almost one year without any problem.

But last 2-3 days I recoginezed that while listening music (also while watching movies), the sound coming from the speakers is increasing or somehow decreasing w/o any control of sound level. This was really surprising me, the fact was not too much that around +/- 2 db or something but one can easily turn his/her head up towards the speakers or to the a/v reciever to find out what was going on ! I mean even its not very much sound difference, its easily can be recognized especially if you have been listening the same music for a certain time , like at lest 10 minutes.

3 days ago when watching an horror movie ,I told my wife that ''did sound get increased too much?'' and she told me that she didnt recognize, but I was certainly sure about something went wrong. And yesterday when I went home, my wife told me that there would be a problem with the CD she was listening cos' its sound increased spontenously and then I judged that there must be a problem with the reciever maybe!!

But I dont know what it is.. so guys, does someone have such a problem before? Or does that sound logical to you? Or , if so, what would be the reson for this?

I also had sometimes hoarse sound from center speaker, and turn out to be very clear and sharp sound afterwards, w/o changing anything.2 days ago as it was really not clear and sharp while watching a movie (you almost dont understand anything from the vocals sound, and loss of enjoyment of course) but all of a sudden it became very nice and sharp with all tweeter sound etc as it supposed to be. By the way when the sound was flat, tweeter was also working on the center cc700 , so I guess this thing might be relevant to the problem I described above .

Whats going on with my system?

I am from Turkey and sorry for my English by the way..

Thanks in advance...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us