Speaker recommedations for Cambridge Audio

Username: Andrewh973

Post Number: 7
Hello All,

After auditioning a few different components, I'm finally leaning toward the Cambridge Audio Azur integrated amp and corresponding CD player.

Are there any recommendations for compatible speakers for these units? Bookshelf size, preferable, due to lack of floor space. I listen to all genres, low to moderate levels--with the occassional blast. $500 - $700 range.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9105
Hi Andrew.
Are you actually looking to place the speakers in a bookshelf?
Not the usual scene, stands are more likely, but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I like the PSB B25 speakers.
But they ain't small.
You could look into Mini Monitors from Paradigm as well.

NHT make some strong little speakers, but the bass response is limited from the ones I have heard.More input from NHT guys?

Post Number: 8
Thanks for your response, Nuck. No, the speakers won't go into a bookshelf, but most likely on top of a long wooden cabinet with the components in the middle. Nothing above the cabinet. How are the PSB B25 speakers? And would they be compatible with the Cambridge Audio pieces?

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 1461
Three sub $500 contenders, IMHO:

Monitor Audio Silver S2 for $465 w/FREE s/h http://av123.wetpaint.com/page/x-ls+Super+Wave+Guide+%28swg%29

I had an Azur 540A & 540D combo, so I'm kind of familiar with the sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1462
I should also add the Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 to this group for $292 + s/h http://ayselectronics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5150&zeni d=f3ab745424c2ccbfc327346f7681f355

Gold Member

Post Number: 1463
I wouldn't call any of my above recommendations small either.

Any of the Azur integrated amps will drive these speakers well, and I'm fairly certain you would not go wrong with any of the above.

But I've got to tell you that I'm not a fan of the current Paradigm Monitor Series, but they are certainly worth a listen, you may like them.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 680
The Atoms are pretty good, but from what I hear the Monitor Audio bookies are a great mix with Cambridge Products.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1464
Correction: The above Monitor Audio recommendation should read the Silver RS1, not S2 which are now discontinued. Sorry.

Post Number: 9
Thanks Christopher. I've heard a lot about the Monitor Audio RS1, but have not yet auditioned them. I'll find a dealer in the area, and will definitely go for a listen. What's their approximate cost? And what kind of cables are recommended?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1465
The cost for the RS1 is in the above link, $465.

I'm not a fan of fancy cables. I use these http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=181-600 and am pretty happy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1466
...I should say I'm not a fan of expensive fancy cables.

Ain't nothing wrong with frugal fancy cables.

...hmmm? Frugal Fancy Cables, LLC...interesting?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us