HK 445 And Hi Def Problems

Username: Bobachewie

Post Number: 1
I own a HK 445 and have a Expressvue Hi Def sattelite system (Canadian). The 445 is connected to ceiling mounted Sanyo Z5 via component cable. The Sattelite receiver is using HDMI. The problem I am having is that whenever I try and watch HD channels or use the on screen guide, the HK 'clicks' and cuts out the signal to the projector. If I go back to low def or cancel the guide, it 'clicks' back to normal. I have been searching all over to find info on this and have had no luck.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I want my HD.

Bronze Member
Username: Hank_hill

Post Number: 23
Denis,

You may want to try posting a message on the www.kusat.com ExpressVu discussion board as well.

Have you tried directly connecting the satellite receiver to the Z5 via component cables to see if that works OR connecting the satellite receiver to the HK via component (which I belive still supports hi-def output)?

Good luck,
Hank

Username: Bobachewie

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the suggestions.

I hooked up the dish via component cables to the receiver (audio is optical cable) and the problem persists. The audio is fine but the video still cuts in and out with a very noticeable clicking in the receiver (a switch of some sort I assume). I hooked up the dish directly to the projector via the component cables and the problem dissapeared so this is definitely something with the receiver.

Any other suggestions anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us