New Local Dealer

Bronze Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 71
I know what I'm doing this Friday after work. I discovered a new audio dealer about 20 miles from where I work. According to his web site he has quite an assortment of product.

Antique Sound Labs
Quad
Copland
EAR
Magnum Dynalab
Naim
Rega
Roskan
Bel Canto

Some of it I can't even come close to affording, but some of it's in my ballpark. The only place I had found locally before had choices of CA or Simaudio. Nothing wrong with either, but I love the idea of more choice. Some of these names I don't know much about so I'll have to do some research now.

I've been amp shopping, but he has a great lineup of speakers as well, including Reference 3a, which is a great Canadian manufacturer.

Can't wait.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9061
Uhh, Chris, you got a link to the dealer site?
Is it in Bedford?

Bronze Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 72
Dartmouth actually. Here's a link Nuck.

http://brooklynaudioinc.com/

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2223
That's a very good line up. Not a single bad or unmusical line in there. Although, I haven't heard Antique Sound Lab, so I excluded them in my analysis.

Bronze Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 74
It'll also give me an opportunity to listen to some tube options as well, which I didn't think would be an option first hand.

Just curious too, are the prices in line with what you would pay south of the 49th ? I expect a little premium, but they didn't seem crazy to me.

For financial reasons I expect I'll have to go the integrated amp route rather than separates, but I'm quite certain I'll be able to find something that fits the bill in an integrated. I wish I had the money to get speakers with the amp instead of later, but that ain't gonna happen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us