Thiel CS 3.6

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9058
Does anyone have any experience/opinions on this speaker pair?

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/70808-thiel_cs_36_high_end_full_range_spe akers/

http://www.thielaudio.com/THIEL_Site05/PDF_files/PDF_reviews/CS3_6_pdf/3_6R_TAS. pdf

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 369
Thinking about a new acquisition, Nuck?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11651

First order crossovers, time aligned and sucks current. What do you want to know?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2228
The seller says -

"In 35 years of owning speakers these are the most transparent, least coloured and best soundstaging ones that it has been my pleasure to own."

Why is he selling them if they're that good?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11665

I kinda like the idea that he has "owned" speakers for thirty five years. Makes you think he just stole them for the first twenty.

Thiels tend to be bright to many listener's ears. Some people love them and some people get driven out of the room by Thiels. I never found an amplifier that tamed the high end enough for my tastes. (And I sold Thiel for several years.) The LS3/5a's are capable of better staging and transparency than the Thiels with much simpler set up procedures. In just about every other way, they are polar opposites within the bounds of "audiophile" speakers; i.e., a Thiel is not a Klipsch. They do suck power and will frustrate anyone wanting Mike Wodek type SPL's.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9098
Got it.
IO have enough current to run them, I think, with the Classe ca300 amp.
I am not sure that even I want the SPL that Mike can do, in all honesty.
However, if a current deal happens, I can dabble with Gallo's like Mike.

Thanks, guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us