Dynaudio Audience; comparable to what?

Bronze Member
Username: Nikeofnargothrond

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 11
I have been posting in the receiver section but since I now have questions regarding my initial setup with Dynaudio's Audience speakers, I thought I'd better start a new thread here as opposed to carrying on in the Receivers section.

Initially, I was planning on the Dynaudio Audience 122c for the center, 82 for the fronts, 52 for the rear and 30A for the sub. After experiencing an audition with an Arcam 350 receiver hooked up to Paradigm's Signatures, I am questioning the Dyn's capabilities. As mentioned before, the Sigs are way out of my price range, but is there anything that is possibly better then the Dyns in the same range and will match well with the Arcam 350?

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2472
Have you actually heard the Dyns? They're pretty good speakers (I rate them very highly). And my understanding is that the Paradigm Signatures are a lot more money - well, in that case, there's Dynaudio's FOCUS range, or Contour range, or Confidence range or Evidence range - but a 350 would curl up and die if you tried to make it run anything above Contour...

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 14
I have found that the Sigs can be had at comparable prices to the Dyn Audience if bought second hand. I am very familiar with Dyn car audio speakers and would expect nothing less from their home audio. I'd have to be patient during the break in period. But once they are broken in properly, I do have high expectations. I have seen several of the Contour selling descently priced on Ebay, but you know how that can be...

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2480
Don't forget that if you went Contour, the pressure on your electronics to perform better will be greater! You're struggling with the idea of the DV135, but now suggesting you use even better more revealing speakers! This is a recipe for disaster.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 17
I honestly think I will start out with the audience series. Later on, who knows, I may want to upgrade to the contours. I do agree with you about the recipe if I upgrade to the contours now with a source that lacks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us