Help to make my new focus going

Bronze Member
Username: Hoanghai2k

Melbourne, VIC Australia

Post Number: 29
dear all
1st of all i would like to thx for who interest on my thread.
I just purchased the Dyn Focus 110 then my sys consist of:
Marantz SA 8260
Denon PMA 880R
Dyn Focus 110
I found that the Denon is not deliver the power to make the Focus going as they are, so i would like to help me to pick up the right amp for those setup, Note that in not much choice for the amp in my place(vietnam)
so here are what available: and my budget ia abt $2k USA
Denon PMA 2000III
Marantz SA 11s
Accupase 308
Rotel 1062, 1070
Nad 372, 162/272, and the new M3
so any one have experience of the focus, pls let me know.
My room: 3m high, 3,5m w, 4,5m long. and have a very large window
Thx for your help...:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11622

Accuphase.

Bronze Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 56
You could broaden your options if you're willing to go the factory direct route. Some companies offer 30-day in home trials of their gear, and there are many reviews available online to give you background on what's good (or not) about each. Ideally you'd get to work with through a dealer, but if you're not hearing anything that gets you excited, I would explore other avenues.

However if something in that list floats your boat, go for it. I'm not familiar with the Accuphase line myself, but the other stuff is pretty well known and folks here will be able to offer up opinions on each I'm sure.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 119
I'd avoid the Denon. I had an older Denon PMA, it wasn't great at anything, with the exception of when it was being used with headphones, which became it's only use to me after a short while.

When set-up with speakers, it seemed to lag behind in the bass region, and didn't offer a very exciting midrange or highs. It wasn't very detailed or musical. It was a very boring amp.

You have much better options available to you.

Godspeed.

Bronze Member
Username: Hoanghai2k

Melbourne, VIC Australia

Post Number: 30
dear all
over the weekend i had discover the rotel RB 1070, and the Denon. the rotel quite good but still missing somethin that i couldnot figure it out... and i have not got the chance to try other one. has any one familer with other, pls give me some feedback...
thx for that and have a gread week

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2474
Hi,

Unfortunately I don't really know the models you have there, but the NAD M3 is one I would investigate closely. I use lower NADs with lower Dynaudios and they are a good match.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us