Newbie needing advice on a good amp to play vinyl with...please help!

Username: Sk8man121

Post Number: 1
Hello all...I'm new to this forum, and the specifics of the audio world. I just started collecting vinyl, and I'm looking to find an amp to pair with my kenwood turntable and Boston A-70 Series II floor standing speakers. The amp would be used mainly for vinyl, so I'm looking for one with a good phono stage. Also, I'm on a tight budget, so I'm trying to spend 60 dollars or less on ebay (including shipping). I know this is being picky, but does anyone have any suggestions? It'd be greatly appreciated...

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 561
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/393660.html

then buy a cheap phono stage for like 30 bucks.lol.

It may sound crazy but at least it would work, and sound somewhat decent I guess. Maybe. I dunno for sure. Im just throwing out a quick idea. 60 bucks is hard man. Ok im leaving now.haha

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 484
used audio dealer, pawn shop, or craigslist. Cant really recommend an amp cuz theres too many variables. Budget being the biggest.

Silver Member
Username: Darth

Post Number: 127
Vintage Sansui maybe an option. Very nice receivers and Integrateds.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sansui-Stereo-Receiver-Amp-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ140168910693QQ ihZ004QQcategoryZ3279QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5477
Good suggestion Vader. I love those A70's Erik, if you ever want to get rid of them you know where to find me! Hey, I just bought an excellent Sansui 6060 and it sounds excellent with my Boston's...cost $75 shipped. Better yet keep an eye out on Craigslist...found a Sansui G5000 for $30. Believe me both of these pieces sound excellent. Good luck Erik.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us