Installing a new cartirdge on a Dual 510

Username: Tdub

Saskatoon, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 4
I have a new Ortofon omb 5e and i also found a new shure N97HE stylus for my old M97 cartridge. My question is that I would like to compare the two on my Dual 510 tt. Is there any advice on the cartridge installation on the 510? Thanx

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11343

Do you have an alignment guage for the Dual?

Saskatoon, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 6
No I do not. I have one of those mirrored alignment devices that sits on the platter.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11347

Those are a pain to use with the Dual but you can do it. So, what's the question? You install the cartridge and balance the tonearm.

Saskatoon, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 7
I should have been clear on my concerns. I was reading a manual on cartridge installation for Dual tt's. It indicated that the cartidges should be equipped with Dual mounting supports which automatically have the accutate geometric position in regard to the stylus. I just do not want to mess up. Just looking for insight. Thanx

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11351

I'm not certain what you might have been reading. Possibly something regarding the old "P" mount cartidges.

http://www.dual-reference.com/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8744
Hi Tim. Jan has serviced more tt's than I can spell. If you get right in depth, you will have help.
I can't help you, but I will follow along.

Saskatoon, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 8
The info I found is also in the
Dual 510 instruction manual that I finally dug up. The old cartridge Off the 510 is a shure M95ED HI-TRACK. It has a spacer between the cart and the headshell. But when I line the hi track up beside the m97 and the ortofon they are deeper than the hi track. I am just going to install them on my 2 headshells without spacers line them up and see what happens. I will keep you posted on my results.
Thanx for your interest.
Tim

Saskatoon, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 9
The Shure M97 lines up nice on with the mirrored device. The Ortofon is giving me trouble because of the shape. Have not completed a proper alignment yet. The M97 is a sonic improvment over the original high track.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us