DVD Player and Speaker for T773

LeeChing
Unregistered guest
Just bought the Nad T773 last weekend. Still not sure which DVD player and speaker package to get. B&W 600s3 series, Dynaudio 52/42, Paradigm monitor series or kef 2005.2 package. Can you please list the prices, Thanks.

Hawk and others, can you please give me your opinion. Thank you all very very much for you help.

Ching
Unregistered guest
Come on man. I just need an opinion, Please please please.

Bronze Member
Username: Sfox7076

Post Number: 13
I have Paradigm Studio 60's with my NAD 763. I love them. If you want Paradigm Monitors, I would go with 7's or 9's. I would also consider getting used Studio's from Audiogon. NAD and Paradigm is an impressive combo and I have never been happier with my choice of speaker/receiver... I liked the B&W's as much as the Paradigms, but got a better deal on the Paradigms. I am not sure how the NAD fairs with the B & W's, but I am sure that it sounds similar to the NAD Paradigm combo. Either would be great.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 93
Paradigm is a good match with NAD. I have also been told here that PSB and Dynaudio are good matches but can't personally vouche for them because I have Paradigms with my T773...but I trust the expert opinions on this forum for those recommendations. There are others too. If you can try them out to compare for yourself do so.

I have had my Paradigms for several years now and when I decide to upgrade I will seriously consider these aforementioned brands too.

As far as DVD player that depends a lot on what you want and your budget. Perosnally I have a Denon DVD-2200 and it is excellent with DVD-Audio and SACD capabilities if you're looking for that. There are many good options out there and certainly not as critical as the match between your speakers and receiver.

Good luck.

Ching
Unregistered guest
Thanks Shawn & JDG for your opinions. For speaker, I thinking of bookshelf size, cos I'm living in mid size appartment.
I'll look for dealer who carry PSB, Dynaudio, Paradigm. B&W is having a sale now, 30% off rrp, anyone tried 600s3? Good? Bad?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
B&W are very good speakers. I just don't know how they match up with NAD so can't offer an opinion but somebody here may.

Actually when I was buying my speakers originally several years ago to go with my Yamaha RX-V2092 I was buying at the time, it was between B&W and Paradigms. The B&W was a good match with Yamaha as were the Paradigms and I was splitting hairs to make the decision when I bought the Paradigms.

Ching
Unregistered guest
Thanks JDG. I've call up a few Paradigm dealer, the studio's series is very expensive in Australia. It's made in canada, Is it cheaper there? can I buy it online from Authorized web dealer? How much are they in US or Canada?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Ching,
I assume you could buy them on-line but have no idea on how practical that would be. I suspect warranty may be a concern and shipping to the land down under would probably not be petty.

I just don't know...sorry.

There are certainly other options out there to consider that may be more practical depending on your dealers in Australia. Good luck.

Jack.B
Unregistered guest
check out Denon dvd-700, dvd1400, or dvd2200, they are all very good with nad, but depend on what you want.

For speakers, B&W 600s3 series, or paradigm monitor series are very good match with nad t773 and denon dvd player IMO. Enjoy

NADED
Unregistered guest
I think Denon 1400 or 2200 ($455) is good, IMO.

B&W 600s3 series (602, 601, 60 center and 600sub) is around $2000

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 200
The 60 center is not good. It has different drivers and crossover frequency than the 602 so it's not a good match. The LCR600 center is a better option, even if it's a little more expensive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
And in addition, the LCR600 matches 601 and 602.5, but the 602 has a different 7" cone, so it doesn't directly match with anything. I also think that the 602 is not as accurate as the 601, so with a sub in the system it would be foolish to get a pair of 602s.

=> 4*601, LCR600 and 600sub is the rigth way to go.

Ching
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your opinion - landroval,Jack.B and Naded. I had an audition last weekend on 600s3-it was ok, not really GREAT. The sound is a little bit 'cover', like talking with a hand infront of your mouth. or it's my ear??

Anymore opinion of which package should I try?

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Sorry, I didn't really even read the original question so I commented only on the B&W set. About those models you mentioned I'd say the Dynaudios are clearly the best. I dont know about Paradigm, but people here seem to like them a lot.

How much are you willing to invest and what other speakers are available to you?

Bronze Member
Username: Invierno

Post Number: 51
Dali Evidence 470's sound wonderfully alive, smooth, and detailed with the T773 IMO. They list for about $1800 a pair. See http://www.dali-usa.com/Page.asp?MMID=1&MID=3&UMID=6&UUMID=20&PID=45 for details.

You'll have to let us know if you want warmth or coolness, detail, bass, etc. as well as a price range for more helpful suggestions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us